Re: setTimeout issue in Adobe SVG Viewer 3.0

  • sorotokin
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 1, 2002
      --- In svg-developers@y..., "Antoine Quint" <antoine@g...> wrote:
      > Hey,
      >
      > Has anybody tried to use setTimeout with arguments to be passed to
      the
      > called function? Here's how it is defined:
      >
      > setTimeout(function, msec[, arg1[, ..., argN]])
      >
      > I can't seem to get it to work in ASV3, anybody has knowledge about
      > this? Should we file a bug report?
      >
      > Antoine

      Adobe SVG Viewer implementation is documented here:

      http://www.protocol7.com/svg-wiki/default.asp?AdobeSVGViewerWindow

      This particular API is clearly pre-W3C: it takes arbitrary
      number of parameters, which is, IMHO, not a good thing to
      standartize, so I do not think it is worth copying what HTML
      browsers do.

      In the long run, I think it would be a good idea to do this
      through SMIL (but I dont know if SMIL WG has this idea yet,
      someone wants to check on that?). Something like that:

      <smil:timeout id="timeout" dur="3s"
      repeatCount="indefinite" onstart="..."/>

      or

      timeout.addEventListener( "begin", eventHandler, false )

      The same event could then also trigger animations and
      generally do what W3C events do.

      Peter