Formal comments (was:Re: [svg-developers] Re: Animated instances (was: Animation and begin=mouseover in )

  • Chris Lilley
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 1, 2002
      On Friday, March 01, 2002, 1:24:49 PM, fruc13 wrote:

      f> I proposed them add an xlink:actuate attribute at least to the image
      f> element, this would enable an image to begin loading after an event
      f> and not always at the beginning of the main svg. This would enable
      f> sequential downloading of animated images, so that the first part of
      f> the animation would load faster.

      Yes, we read that.

      f> iztok jeras
      f> www.rattus.info

      f> P.S.: About formal comments, I send comments to www-svg@...

      That is a discussion list, not a comment drop-box. (btw its @...)

      f> so
      f> that I can see their reactions if they answer (they mostly don't).

      Comments are addressed - in the next draft, and after the WG as a whole
      has discussed them. Or we say (as we did in the recent last call
      draft) that particular comments are not addressed.

      f> Is
      f> it better to send them to www-svg-comments@...?

      Yes.

      If you also want to discuss them, then copy the comments here.

      --
      Chris mailto:chris@...
    • Tobias Reif
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 2, 2002
        simonjbradleyuk wrote:

        > Works fine, if I want to use the object just once. However I want to
        > use the <use> element many times, each one having a seperate id. But
        > that means that the begin attribute for the source object must
        > include all the <use> element ids?

        Well, if you want to animate all the instances in the same way, and @
        the same time, you can simply animate the def'd object.

        <svg xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg" xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink">
        <defs>
        <rect id="r1" width="10" height="10"/>
        </defs>
        <animateTransform xlink:href="#r1" attributeName="transform"

        type="rotate" values="0;360" dur="3s" repeatDur="indefinite" begin="mouseover"/>
        <use xlink:href="#r1" x="30" y="30"/>
        <use xlink:href="#r1" x="60" y="60"/>
        </svg>

        Tobi