Re: [svg-developers] Re: Can SVGs be transparent?

  • Chris Lilley
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 1, 2002
      On Friday, March 01, 2002, 11:37:57 AM, ovannovitch wrote:

      o> --- In svg-developers@y..., Chris Lilley <chris@w...> wrote:
      >> On Tuesday, February 26, 2002, 11:41:14 PM, curtisbryant1000 wrote:
      >>
      >> c> Can SVGs be transparent so that HTML elements underneath them
      o> can be
      >> c> seen through them?
      >>
      >> They are always transparent.

      o> Yes and no...

      Yes and non-conformant.....

      "The viewer must support alpha channel blending of the image of the
      SVG content onto the target canvas. "
      http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG/conform.html#ConformingSVGViewers

      o> you need to add wmode="transparent" to the <embed> tag
      o> in the html file. Then it will work, although very slow!

      My point was to differentiate "SVG" form "SVG implementations" and, if
      people are discussing the latter, to encourage them to say which one.

      I could rell which one, by context, but need to make the point anyway.

      --
      Chris mailto:chris@...