Re: Pac Man

  • fruc13
    Message 1 of 14 , Mar 1, 2002
      I know only freehosting servers in my country but they are only in
      slovene language. If you search for them in google try to fing one
      that run's on linux and apache, becouse are the easier to configure.
      And you need ftp access to upload the .htaccess file.

      Try searching for:
      Free Hosting apache ftp

      if you are a student, try to persuade your profs to give you some
      place on the server.

      IzI

      try this:
      http://showcase.netins.net/web/phdss/freebies/homepage.htm

      --- In svg-developers@y..., andrei <andrei@u...> wrote:
      > fruc13 wrote:
      >
      > >Apache server is free and very easy to configure to send the
      correct
      > >mime type. And can be configured using a .htaccess file transfered
      by
      > >ftp (if you have only ftp access to the server)
      > >
      > >iztok jeras
      > >www.rattus.info
      > >
      > excuse me, I think i didn't express myself well. I was speaking
      about
      > free hosts (like Geocities), not about servers (software).
      >
      > andrei
    • Tobias Reif
      Message 2 of 14 , Mar 2, 2002
        andrei wrote:

        > Do you know some free server that is already configured to send the SVG
        > mimetype correctly? I am still a student, so I can't pay a web server yet :(

        Any free account that features Apache and lets you use .htaccess files,
        so you can set it up yourself; but I don't know of a specific one.

        Tobi

        --

        * peace&love.
        * http://www.pinkjuice.com/
        Message 3 of 14 , Mar 14, 2002
          fruc13 wrote:

          >I know only freehosting servers in my country but they are only in
          >slovene language. If you search for them in google try to fing one
          >that run's on linux and apache, becouse are the easier to configure.
          >And you need ftp access to upload the .htaccess file.
          >
          >Try searching for:
          >Free Hosting apache ftp
          >
          >if you are a student, try to persuade your profs to give you some
          >place on the server.
          >
          >IzI
          >
          >try this:
          >http://showcase.netins.net/web/phdss/freebies/homepage.htm
          >

          >--- In svg-developers@y..., andrei <andrei@u...> wrote:
          >
          >>fruc13 wrote:
          >>
          >>>Apache server is free and very easy to configure to send the
          >>>
          >correct
          >
          >>>mime type. And can be configured using a .htaccess file transfered
          >>>
          >by
          >
          >>>ftp (if you have only ftp access to the server)
          >>>
          >>>iztok jeras
          >>>www.rattus.info
          >>>
          >>excuse me, I think i didn't express myself well. I was speaking
          >>
          >about
          >
          >>free hosts (like Geocities), not about servers (software).
          >>
          >>andrei
          >>

          >-----
          >-or-
          >visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/svg-developers and click "edit my membership"
          >----

          >.

          excuse-me for the long time to answer :)
          i only understand languagens and thins that are used at client site. can
          anybody send me a .htaccess file to be tested with some free web host?

          thank you,
          andrei

        • Tobias Reif
          Message 4 of 14 , Mar 14, 2002
            andrei wrote:

            > can anybody send me a .htaccess file to be tested with some free web host?

            ----- .htaccess ----- 8< -----------
            AddType image/svg+xml svg
            AddType image/svg+xml svgz
            DirectoryIndex index.xhtml
            -------------------8<-----------------

            Tobi

            --

            * peace&love.
            * http://www.pinkjuice.com/
            Message 5 of 14 , Mar 15, 2002
              Tobias Reif wrote:

              >andrei wrote:
              >

              >>can anybody send me a .htaccess file to be tested with some free web host?
              >>

              >----- .htaccess ----- 8< -----------
              >AddType image/svg+xml svg
              >AddType image/svg+xml svgz
              >DirectoryIndex index.xhtml
              >-------------------8<-----------------
              >

              >Tobi

              the attached file didn't work. I renamed it to ".htaccess" throught FTP
              because my windows doesn't accept a file with this name.

              does this mean hpG doesn't use Apache?

              thank you,
              andrei

            • andrei
              Message 6 of 14 , Mar 15, 2002
                Tobias Reif wrote:

                >andrei wrote:
                >

                >>can anybody send me a .htaccess file to be tested with some free web host?
                >>

                >----- .htaccess ----- 8< -----------
                >AddType image/svg+xml svg
                >AddType image/svg+xml svgz
                >DirectoryIndex index.xhtml
                >-------------------8<-----------------
                >

                >Tobi

                I forgot this list doesn't accept attached files. the file is:

                AddType image/svg+xml svg
                AddType image/svg+xml svgz
                DirectoryIndex index.htm

                Message 7 of 14 , Mar 15, 2002
                  andrei wrote:

                  > the attached file didn't work.

                  Perhaps you have to wait until they restart Apache, which could be every
                  24 hours.

                  > I renamed it to ".htaccess" throught

                  > FTP because my windows doesn't
                  > accept a file with this name.
                  >
                  > does this mean hpG doesn't use Apache?

                  Post a URL, and I can check.

                  If it's that one:

                  header check powered by
                  ruby 1.6.5 (2001-09-19) [i386-cygwin]
                  www.hpg.ig.com.br/
                  200.185.63.81
                  Code: 200
                  Message: OK
                  Message 8 of 14 , Mar 18, 2002
                    Tobias Reif wrote:

                    >andrei wrote:
                    >

                    >>the attached file didn't work.
                    >>

                    >Perhaps you have to wait until they restart Apache, which could be every
                    >24 hours.
                    >
                    >>I renamed it to ".htaccess" throught
                    >>

                    >>FTP because my windows doesn't
                    >>accept a file with this name.
                    >>
                    >>does this mean hpG doesn't use Apache?
                    >>

                    >Post a URL, and I can check.
                    >
                    >If it's that one:
                    >
                    >header check powered by
                    >ruby 1.6.5 (2001-09-19) [i386-cygwin]
                    >www.hpg.ig.com.br/
                    >200.185.63.81
                    >Code: 200
                    >Message: OK

                    Hello Tobi,

                    the server is really hpG, but Netscape still launch Notepad to see the
                    SVG file. Perhaps the .htaccess file must reside in some place in the
                    server where I have no access... or the file in my directory would work,
                    in normal conditions?

                    thank you for the great help,
                    andrei

                  • Tobias Reif
                    Message 9 of 14 , Mar 18, 2002
                      andrei wrote:

                      > the server is really hpG, but Netscape still launch Notepad to see the
                      > SVG file. Perhaps the .htaccess file must reside in some place in the
                      > server where I have no access... or the file in my directory would work,
                      > in normal conditions?

                      You might want to contact the people @ the hosting company; they should
                      help you.

                      You can point them to