Pac Man

  • andrei
    Message 1 of 14 , Feb 27, 2002
      hello list,

      I am making a pac man game, that has some modifications. I will show it
      as a web art work, done from Pac Man games.
      I am using SVG and it is making me crazy. Everything was fine until
      version 0.2
      www.atravesdoespelho.hpg.com.br/pacman/

      (sorry netscape 4.x users: hpg still have not configured its server to
      give the right mimetype)

      The problems started with version 0.3 (I uploaded it to the files
      section, at YahooGroups). In this version, I want that the pac man has
      three lives; everytime he touches a monster, it loses a live. The
      problems are:

      1) clearInterval doesn't work;
      2) with Adobe Script Engine, the function "pacman_Inicia()" is not found;
      3) with IE script engine, there is a problem when the PacMan loses a
      life: the page is not completely atualized: the lives, at the right
      bottom corner, are not imediately shown.

      would you can help me? the file is a little complicated, but I really
      would like finish it, using SVG :)

      thank you,
      andrei
    • Tobias Reif
      Message 2 of 14 , Feb 27, 2002
        andrei wrote:

        > www.atravesdoespelho.hpg.com.br/pacman/
        >
        > (sorry netscape 4.x users: hpg still have not configured its server to
        > give the right mimetype)

        also NN6.x. In fact, any correct browser will display text if the
        content-type header field has a value of text/plain.
        Only buggy MS IEs behaving incorrectly will display the SVG, and only if
        the file name extension or URL ending is .svg or .svgz.

        Tobi

        --

        * peace&love.
        * http://www.pinkjuice.com/
        Message 3 of 14 , Feb 28, 2002
          Tobias Reif wrote:

          >andrei wrote:
          >

          >>www.atravesdoespelho.hpg.com.br/pacman/
          >>
          >>(sorry netscape 4.x users: hpg still have not configured its server to
          >>give the right mimetype)
          >>

          >also NN6.x. In fact, any correct browser will display text if the
          >content-type header field has a value of text/plain.
          >Only buggy MS IEs behaving incorrectly will display the SVG, and only if
          >the file name extension or URL ending is .svg or .svgz.
          >

          >Tobi

          yes, I know. In the university where I work, the servers already send
          the correct mimetype :)
          Do you know some free server that is already configured to send the SVG
          mimetype correctly? I am still a student, so I can't pay a web server yet :(

          andrei

        • fruc13
          Message 4 of 14 , Feb 28, 2002
            Apache server is free and very easy to configure to send the correct
            mime type. And can be configured using a .htaccess file transfered by
            ftp (if you have only ftp access to the server)

            iztok jeras
            www.rattus.info

            > yes, I know. In the university where I work, the servers already
            send
            > the correct mimetype :)
            > Do you know some free server that is already configured to send the
            SVG
            > mimetype correctly? I am still a student, so I can't pay a web
            server yet :(

            > andrei

          • andrei
            Message 5 of 14 , Feb 28, 2002
              fruc13 wrote:

              >Apache server is free and very easy to configure to send the correct
              >mime type. And can be configured using a .htaccess file transfered by
              >ftp (if you have only ftp access to the server)
              >
              >iztok jeras
              >www.rattus.info

              excuse me, I think i didn't express myself well. I was speaking about
              free hosts (like Geocities), not about servers (software).

              andrei
            • fruc13
              Message 6 of 14 , Mar 1, 2002
                I know only freehosting servers in my country but they are only in
                slovene language. If you search for them in google try to fing one
                that run's on linux and apache, becouse are the easier to configure.
                And you need ftp access to upload the .htaccess file.

                Try searching for:
                Free Hosting apache ftp

                if you are a student, try to persuade your profs to give you some
                place on the server.

                IzI

                try this:
                http://showcase.netins.net/web/phdss/freebies/homepage.htm

                --- In svg-developers@y..., andrei <andrei@u...> wrote:
                > fruc13 wrote:
                >
                > >Apache server is free and very easy to configure to send the
                correct
                > >mime type. And can be configured using a .htaccess file transfered
                by
                > >ftp (if you have only ftp access to the server)
                > >
                > >iztok jeras
                > >www.rattus.info
                > >
                > excuse me, I think i didn't express myself well. I was speaking
                about
                > free hosts (like Geocities), not about servers (software).
                >
                > andrei
              • Tobias Reif
                Message 7 of 14 , Mar 2, 2002
                  andrei wrote:

                  > Do you know some free server that is already configured to send the SVG
                  > mimetype correctly? I am still a student, so I can't pay a web server yet :(

                  Any free account that features Apache and lets you use .htaccess files,
                  so you can set it up yourself; but I don't know of a specific one.

                  Tobi

                  --

                  * peace&love.
                  * http://www.pinkjuice.com/
                  Message 8 of 14 , Mar 14, 2002
                    fruc13 wrote:

                    >I know only freehosting servers in my country but they are only in
                    >slovene language. If you search for them in google try to fing one
                    >that run's on linux and apache, becouse are the easier to configure.
                    >And you need ftp access to upload the .htaccess file.
                    >
                    >Try searching for:
                    >Free Hosting apache ftp
                    >
                    >if you are a student, try to persuade your profs to give you some
                    >place on the server.
                    >
                    >IzI
                    >
                    >try this:
                    >http://showcase.netins.net/web/phdss/freebies/homepage.htm
                    >

                    >--- In svg-developers@y..., andrei <andrei@u...> wrote:
                    >
                    >>fruc13 wrote:
                    >>
                    >>>Apache server is free and very easy to configure to send the
                    >>>
                    >correct
                    >
                    >>>mime type. And can be configured using a .htaccess file transfered
                    >>>
                    >by
                    >
                    >>>ftp (if you have only ftp access to the server)
                    >>>
                    >>>iztok jeras
                    >>>www.rattus.info
                    >>>
                    >>excuse me, I think i didn't express myself well. I was speaking
                    >>
                    >about
                    >
                    >>free hosts (like Geocities), not about servers (software).
                    >>
                    >>andrei
                    >>

                    >-----
                    >-or-
                    >visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/svg-developers and click "edit my membership"
                    >----

                    >.

                    excuse-me for the long time to answer :)
                    i only understand languagens and thins that are used at client site. can
                    anybody send me a .htaccess file to be tested with some free web host?

                    thank you,
                    andrei

                  • Tobias Reif
                    Message 9 of 14 , Mar 14, 2002
                      andrei wrote:

                      > can anybody send me a .htaccess file to be tested with some free web host?

                      ----- .htaccess ----- 8< -----------
                      AddType image/svg+xml svg
                      AddType image/svg+xml svgz
                      DirectoryIndex index.xhtml
                      -------------------8<-----------------

                      Tobi

                      --

                      * peace&love.
                      * http://www.pinkjuice.com/
                      Message 10 of 14 , Mar 15, 2002
                        Tobias Reif wrote:

                        >andrei wrote:
                        >

                        >>can anybody send me a .htaccess file to be tested with some free web host?
                        >>

                        >----- .htaccess ----- 8< -----------
                        >AddType image/svg+xml svg
                        >AddType image/svg+xml svgz
                        >DirectoryIndex index.xhtml
                        >-------------------8<-----------------
                        >

                        >Tobi

                        the attached file didn't work. I renamed it to ".htaccess" throught FTP
                        because my windows doesn't accept a file with this name.

                        does this mean hpG doesn't use Apache?

                        thank you,
                        andrei

                      • andrei
                        Message 11 of 14 , Mar 15, 2002
                          Tobias Reif wrote:

                          >andrei wrote:
                          >

                          >>can anybody send me a .htaccess file to be tested with some free web host?
                          >>

                          >----- .htaccess ----- 8< -----------
                          >AddType image/svg+xml svg
                          >AddType image/svg+xml svgz
                          >DirectoryIndex index.xhtml
                          >-------------------8<-----------------
                          >

                          >Tobi

                          I forgot this list doesn't accept attached files. the file is:

                          AddType image/svg+xml svg
                          AddType image/svg+xml svgz
                          DirectoryIndex index.htm

                          Message 12 of 14 , Mar 15, 2002
                            andrei wrote:

                            > the attached file didn't work.

                            Perhaps you have to wait until they restart Apache, which could be every
                            24 hours.

                            > I renamed it to ".htaccess" throught

                            > FTP because my windows doesn't
                            > accept a file with this name.
                            >
                            > does this mean hpG doesn't use Apache?

                            Post a URL, and I can check.

                            If it's that one:

                            header check powered by
                            ruby 1.6.5 (2001-09-19) [i386-cygwin]
                            www.hpg.ig.com.br/
                            200.185.63.81
                            Code: 200
                            Message: OK
                            Message 13 of 14 , Mar 18, 2002
                              Tobias Reif wrote:

                              >andrei wrote:
                              >

                              >>the attached file didn't work.
                              >>

                              >Perhaps you have to wait until they restart Apache, which could be every
                              >24 hours.
                              >
                              >>I renamed it to ".htaccess" throught
                              >>

                              >>FTP because my windows doesn't
                              >>accept a file with this name.
                              >>
                              >>does this mean hpG doesn't use Apache?
                              >>

                              >Post a URL, and I can check.
                              >
                              >If it's that one:
                              >
                              >header check powered by
                              >ruby 1.6.5 (2001-09-19) [i386-cygwin]
                              >www.hpg.ig.com.br/
                              >200.185.63.81
                              >Code: 200
                              >Message: OK

                              Hello Tobi,

                              the server is really hpG, but Netscape still launch Notepad to see the
                              SVG file. Perhaps the .htaccess file must reside in some place in the
                              server where I have no access... or the file in my directory would work,
                              in normal conditions?

                              thank you for the great help,
                              andrei

                            • Tobias Reif
                              Message 14 of 14 , Mar 18, 2002
                                andrei wrote:

                                > the server is really hpG, but Netscape still launch Notepad to see the
                                > SVG file. Perhaps the .htaccess file must reside in some place in the
                                > server where I have no access... or the file in my directory would work,
                                > in normal conditions?

                                You might want to contact the people @ the hosting company; they should
                                help you.

                                You can point them to