Re: internal linking

  • fruc13
    Message 1 of 38 , Feb 3, 2002
      I tried to do something like this using javascript
      have a look at the example that retrieves a subpage address from the
      page address (the location test on www.rattus.info)

      http://www.rattus.info/tests/location_test.svg?go_to_page_13

      than you create a group that contain a certain page
      <g id="go_to_page_13" display="none">
      </g>

      you get the sub_address using

      sub_address = window.location.search.substring
      (1,window.location.search.length);

      you open the page using javascript

      // if (sub_address.length == 0)
      // return;
      // open_page(sub_address);
      document.getElementById('go_to_page_13').setAttribute
      ("display","inline");

      i used it in the SVG_slideshow, before I moved to the ASV internal
      script engine, where I thing the window.location attribute doesent
      work, I should try using the URL attribute (look at ASV 3.0 supported
      features)
      http://www.rattus.info/svg_slideshow/predstavitev_03.svgz

      iztok jeras
      www.rattus.info

      --- In svg-developers@y..., Petra Kukofka <heyoka@n...> wrote:
      > Hi all,
      >
      > please don't laugh at me, this is an absolute beginners question
      > (which I am actually not), but I could not find an answer to this
      > neither in the two books I bought on SVG nor in the Yahoo-search of
      > this list (nor in the specification - or I could not understand it).
      >
      > I would like to know how to code an internal link, a link to a line
      > (or object) in the same file. I know the HTML-way to do this, but
      this
      > doesn't work in SVG.
      > So e.g. what is the equivalent to the HTML-name-thingie in SVG?
      >
      > Thanks in advance,
      >
      > Petra Kukofka
      > ----------------------------
      > http://www.scale-a-vector.de
      > ----------------------------
    • Chris Lilley
      Message 38 of 38 , Apr 6, 2002
        On Thursday, February 7, 2002, 11:38:31 AM, fruc13 wrote:

        f> Hi W3C people

        f> is there an intention to extend intarnal linking?

        Extend in which direction?

        f> For example, I made a slideshow and pages are not placed at different
        f> positions but are all at x="0" y="0". I use the display property to
        f> close a page and open another.

        So it seems that what you want to do is link to a particular point in
        the timeline? At which a particular portion is being displayed?

        f> Is there an intention to use the display property for internal linking
        f> or at least the pege functionality that is intended to be added to
        f> SVG 2.0?

        Display is just one of the properties that can be animated so I don't
        think it belongs in linking.

        However, what can be done (in the spec, not in ASV 3 before you all
        rush out and try it) is to make a small driver SVG file which links to
        the file you want to display, as an image or as a use, while animating
        the viewBox; another option is to set your stylesheet appropriately
        and then do a DOM deep clone of the content if you really need to
        modify its styling.

        --
        Chris mailto:chris@...