[svg-developers] Gill

  • Alejandro Fernandez
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 18 3:15 AM

      I've been following discussions on the w3 list for svg for quite a while now,
      and sometimes it's far too complicated for me to follow, as I am interested in
      the standard more from the side of developing content with it. It's great to
      have a content developing list now, so thanks a lot!

      I'm working in a linux based environment, with a company that makes community
      based sites, and I'm sure SVG will be useful, at least for certain
      applications or services. I'm thinking it might be a way of doing
      generator-like interactive animations, But first of all I'd like to try it out.

      (I would most probably code in SVG with a text editor, as soon as I get my
      hands on a viewer, or get my head round installing java!)

      The problem is that I'm not sure how to get a copy of Gill, or other viewers
      that might be available (in mozilla?). Has anyone tried it? Should I download
      each source code file from the gnome site? Is there a tar file?

      Ale

      --
      Alejandro Fernandez,
      ale@...