62039Re: New file uploaded to svg-developers

  • Helder Magalhães
    Mar 23 4:08 AM
      Hi everyone,

      > a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the svg-developers
      > group.

      Made a few improvements on the utility but "forgot" to update the online version... ;-)

      I noticed an issue with the GPAC installer, which corrupts the PATH environment variable whenever it is quite long, and just reported it moments ago [1]. The current workaround (as stated in the "Installer download locations") is skip installing "MP4Box" and "Osmozilla": "MP4Box" due to a path corruption issue and "Osmozilla" due to interference with native SVG implementations.

      Please note that the utility is Windows-centric and was tested in
      Windows XP. Although it will surely work in Windows 2000 and maybe in
      Windows NT (when ran by a user with administrative privileges, within
      Vista it may require administrator privileges. Not
      tested (and likely won't work) in previous Windows versions (due to
      employed console features which are specific to the Windows NT branch).

      Transcript from the change log, annotated with references:

      1.4 - Helder Magalhaes, December 2008
      Added GPAC 0.4.5-dev [2] plug-in option;
      Added support for Renesis Windows File Explorer Plugin;
      Added option to disable supported plug-ins;
      Changed plug-in listing order (sorted descending by SVG support [3]);
      Bumped Renesis version to 1.1.1;
      Changed SVGMapToolkit to SMT (a.k.a.) for command-line usage;
      Bumped SMT version to 0.8 [4];
      Minor command line improvements and text corrections.

      Try it and share your thoughts here! :-)

      Cheers,
      Helder

      [1] http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=2705835&group_id=84101&atid=571738
      [2] http://wiki.svg.org/Viewer_Matrix?title=Viewer_Matrix&diff=3370&oldid=3369