59904Re: [svg-developers] Re: Defining a pragmatic semantic description of SVG content.

  • Christophe Strobbe
    Jan 31, 2008
      Hi Richard,

      At 18:19 31/01/2008, you wrote:
      >Hi,
      >
      >--- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, <j.chetwynd@...> wrote:
      > > Defining a pragmatic semantic description of SVG content.
      > > (for people who use screenreaders and search engines.)
      > > (...)
      >
      >I try to make my comic accessible by:

      Thanks for reminding me of your SVG-based comic.

      If anybody knows other SVG examples that use these accessibility
      features, I would be very interested in hearing about them as I've
      been writing a report on SVG accessiblity issues.

      Best regards,

      Christophe

      >Using a title element.
      >
      >Having a desc element breifly describing the entire file.
      >
      >Having a desc element describing each frame (usually in "Fred punches
      >Joe" sort of terms rather than "Large muscular man hits smaller man
      >with glasses with fist".
      >
      >Using text elements as much as possible.
      >
      >Using desc elements to describe text which is in the form of path data
      >(e.g. it has to be shown in perspective).
      >
      >My main problem with this is that I really don't know if anybody cares
      >about this or uses software which can read this in a user friendly way
      >(anybody could click "View source" and search it for title desc and
      >text elements). I would like to have feedback from visually handicapped
      >people and accessibility software developers about if this useful or
      >should be done differently.
      >
      >Richard Pearman http://www.pixelpalaces.com/
      >The next stage in the evolution of web comics:
      >http://www.onlinecomics.net/pages/details/listing.php?comicID=4415

      ---
      Please stop inviting me to LinkedIn, Facebook, Quechup or other
      anti-social networks. You may have agreed to their "privacy policy",
      but I haven't.

      --
      Christophe Strobbe
      Kasteelpark Arenberg 10 bus 2442