57802Re: carto:net - MapApp question

  • simonshutter
    Jan 8, 2007
      Hi André,

      Interestingly, it does seem to work now. I was missing an id tag on
      my parent svg element and that appears to have fixed it. I don't
      know the code well enough to understand the advice on
      currentTranslate/currentScale but I will look at it. As of now,
      however, it scales the tool tip text fine at various zoom scales.

      Right now I notice two things:

      a) In IE7/ASV3 if I refresh the page it leads to javascript errors

      b) In FF2.0 the tool tip background appears whether I am mousing over
      an element or not. It doesn't do this in IE7/ASV3 - however, your
      tooltip demo on carto.net works fine for me in FF2.0 so I assume it
      is something I am not doing right in my code.

      --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "Andre M. Winter - Carto.net"
      <ml.winter@...> wrote:
      > hi simon,
      > the problem here is that andreas' navigationTools use the viewBox
      > all zoom and pan techniques whereas the tooltip-function such as in
      > http://svg.carto.net/srv/sourceAndFileViewer.php?
      > takes advantage of currentTranslate/currentScale parameters. these
      > methods are more or less incompatible.
      > within a viewBox-based approach you need to scale and place the
      > rect according to zoom an an pan shifts. this brings you back to
      > calculating theoretic currentTranslate/currentScale values and you
      > sitting between two seats. anyhow it is possible as seen here
      > http://tirolatlas.uibk.ac.at/maps/interface/thema.py/menu?
      > andré
      > --
      > andre m. winter,
      > cartography for internet and multimedia applications
      > schiessstand 4/1, a6091 goetzens, tyrol, austria
      > tel.: ++43.5234.32732
      > email: ml.winter@...
      > new svg book with actual scripting samples out now!
      > check http://svg.carto.net/
      > simonshutter wrote:
      > >
      > > Andreas/André et al.,
      > >
      > > Is it possible to combine the navigationTools and ToolTip
      > > in one file? I have successfully implemented both separately but
      > > unable to get tool tips to pop up when I combine them.
      > >
      > > Thanks, Simon

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic