57118Re: [svg-developers] Re: SVGT 1.2 implementations (was: Renesis Player 0.2 Release)

  • Robin Berjon
    Oct 12, 2006
      On Oct 12, 2006, at 17:33, andrewgirow wrote:
      > Question 1:
      > Have the SVGT 1.2 Test Suite been published? Is it
      > ready/appoved/composed?

      It hasn't been published yet, but it is being actively worked on.

      > You wrote that "I am aware of four SVGT 1.2 implementations"

      They haven't been formally tested as such, and some are known to be
      incomplete (at least they were last I toyed with). They are however
      Tiny 1.2 in intent, and those that aren't complete are getting there
      fast.

      > Question 2:
      > Does it mean that there is some closed (private) SVGT 1.2 Test Suite
      > matrix and W3C group can check any given SVG engine against it and
      > annonce the engine as "SVGT 1.2 implementation"?

      No, the tests are private while they are being worked on (largely
      because we don't want people to test against a suite that hasn't been
      properly reviewed), but it's going to be published, and the matrix of
      results will be public.

      --
      Robin Berjon
      Senior Research Scientist