57116Re: SVGT 1.2 implementations (was: Renesis Player 0.2 Release)

  • andrewgirow
    Oct 12, 2006
      Chris,

      You have mentioned that there are three (four) SVGT 1.2
      implementations. I would like to ask a couple of questions about it.

      Question 1:
      Have the SVGT 1.2 Test Suite been published? Is it
      ready/appoved/composed?

      I've read at the
      http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/1.2/Tiny/ImpReport.html dated
      2006/08/10 that:
      "The SVG Tiny 1.2 testsuite will be composed of:
      SVG 1.1 tests, converted to SVG Tiny 1.2
      Test contributions from implementors,converted to the SVG WG test
      format
      Additional tests created as required based on an analysis of test
      coverage of the specification."

      You wrote that "I am aware of four SVGT 1.2 implementations"

      Question 2:
      Does it mean that there is some closed (private) SVGT 1.2 Test Suite
      matrix and W3C group can check any given SVG engine against it and
      annonce the engine as "SVGT 1.2 implementation"?

      Iam just curious how it works...

      Thanks in advance,
      Andrew

      --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, Chris Lilley <chris@...>
      wrote:

      > On Wednesday, October 11, 2006, 4:35:05 PM, Jeff wrote:
      >
      > JS> --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, Chris Lilley <chris@>
      wrote:

      > >> I am aware of four SVGT 1.2 implementations, three of them
      publicly
      > >> announced, and (a different) three of them also running on the
      > >> desktop as well as mobile devices.
      >
      > JS> Chris, thanks for this - can you share the publicly announced
      ones
      > JS> here?
      >
      > Ikivo Multimedia SVG Player
      > http://www.ikivo.com/02player.html
      > Commercial, oem license.
      >
      > BitFlash SVG Tiny 1.2 player
      > http://www.bitflash.com/prod_playerMain.html
      > Commercial, oem license.
      >
      > Osmo4/GPAC, from ENST
      > http://gpac.sourceforge.net/index.php
      > Open source. Must be compiled, binaries not
      > redistributable for MPEG license reasons
      > 1.1 results available http://gpac.sourceforge.net/feat_n_svg.php
      >
      > All three implementors are represented in the SVG WG.
      >
      > Besides Renesis, already mentioned in the subject of this thread,
      are
      > there any others? I'm happy to hear on-list for announced ones and
      > privately <chris@...> - will be kept w3c team confidential) for
      > others.
      >
      > --
      > Chris Lilley mailto:chris@...