54297Re: IE7 / SVG/ASV3

  • Robert Russell
    Feb 2, 2006
      Sounds like a fantastic idea. Didn't they bundle Flashplayer and
      RealPlayer with IE at one point? Why not ASV?

      And if MS doesn't go for it, then there are always gateway, dell, hp,
      acer and other pc manufacturers. They package a bunch of software on
      the PCs they ship, why not throw ASV in there?

      Good luck, I'd love to see it happen.

      --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "Jeff Schiller"
      <jeff_schiller@...> wrote:

      > --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "Francis Hemsher"
      > <Francis.Hemsher@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi Ronan,
      > >
      > > Of course, the ASV3 was a plugin. It worked great..no hiccups nor
      > > trying to make it 'fit', in a very sophisticated app.
      > >
      > > I've made a request to MS to consider packaging the Adobe ActiveX
      > > SVG viewer with the IE7 release(no download plugin needed). The
      > > intent being that it would provide incentive to SVG developers to
      > > use IE7 as their development environment.
      > >
      > > Francis
      > >

      > Francis,
      >
      > I saw that - but I thought it was a little naive. Why would Microsoft
      > bundle a competitor's plugin into their product when they have
      > competing technology that they want to succeed?
      >
      > I wish (hope?) it would happen, but I'm not holding my breath.
      >
      > Jeff

    • Show all 13 messages in this topic