54296Re: IE7 / SVG/ASV3

  • Francis Hemsher
    Feb 2, 2006
      Hi Domenico,
      You're my most favored poetic guy on this list. Did you have a grand
      time on your vacation? I hope you met your significant other.
      Anyway, back in trenches of SVG, much can happen below the radar of
      the validators.

      I believe the worm has turned..stay tuned.

      Francis

      --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "domenico_strazzullo"
      <nst@...> wrote:

      > Hi Francis,
      >
      > > I've made a request to MS to consider packaging the Adobe
      ActiveX
      > > SVG viewer with the IE7 release
      >
      > Do you mean that actually is the case?? I didn't disinstall ASV3
      > check (haven't read the doc either, booh).
      >
      > Domenico
      >

      > --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "Francis Hemsher"
      > <Francis.Hemsher@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi Ronan,
      > >
      > > Of course, the ASV3 was a plugin. It worked great..no hiccups
      nor
      > > trying to make it 'fit', in a very sophisticated app.
      > >
      > > I've made a request to MS to consider packaging the Adobe
      ActiveX
      > > SVG viewer with the IE7 release(no download plugin needed). The
      > > intent being that it would provide incentive to SVG developers
      > > use IE7 as their development environment.
      > >
      > > Francis
      > >

      > > > Francis,
      > > >
      > > > Interesting, and good to hear that IE7 is reasonable
      performant.
      > > What was the
      > > > SVG-viewer you were using, and what was the hardware
      > performance?
      > > Were you
      > > > using ASV3 as a plugin?
      > > >
      > > > Ronan