47966Re: Executing Java/C# server method from svg

  • Jan
    Mar 2, 2005
      From what I am reading, it looks like getURL is used mainly to load
      svg or xml data into your svg doc. Do I really use getURL to execute
      a servlet? What if I want to pass a parameter? I don't see any way
      of doing that.

      What I want to do is poll the server on a regular basis (every 15
      seconds or so) to retrieve data updates. I want to pass a timestamp
      parameter to the method that is executed on the server. If I write a
      C# class, compile it, and register it with ASP.NET or COM+, how do I
      call it from my svg/Javascript client? Do I use getURL?

      Jan

      -- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "Jan" <janlmiller@c...> wrote:

      > Thanks for the info. My understanding is that I will write a C#
      > class that implements IHttpHandler and accesses my data store.
      This
      > will somehow be registered within ASP.NET and my IIS web server.
      > Then, I will use getURL/postURL from my svg/Javascript client to
      > execute the "servlet" and retrieve data updates.
      >
      > Someone that I work with suggested that instead of using ASP.NET,
      it
      > would probably be easier to use COM+. The C# dll would be
      registered
      > with COM+. Then, I would just have to figure out how to execute
      > the "servlet" from my svg/Javascript client. Is anyone doing it
      this
      > way? If so, can you also use getURL/postURL? Does anyone have any
      > opinions as to which method is preferable/easier? I don't know
      > anything about ASP.NET or COM+ at this point.
      >
      > Thanks for your help.
      >
      > Jan
    • Show all 16 messages in this topic