47957Re: Executing Java/C# server method from svg

  • Jan
    Mar 2, 2005
      One more question:

      I'm developing a map application that will contain icons displayed on
      the map. The icons will change based on data changes in the
      databus/database. What's the best way to retrieve these changes: 1)
      have the web client app periodically (every few seconds) hit the
      server to retrieve updates or 2) somehow have the server send updates
      immediately to each client when they happen (don't know if this is
      possible). If 2) is possible, how do you do it?

      --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "Jan" <janlmiller@c...> wrote:
      > More basic questions. I am a Java/C# developer with not much web
      > experience. I don't know anything about ASP or JSP.
      > 1) I'm assuming that ASP.NET use C# (similar to JSP using Java)?
      > 2) I am using IIS web server and the client's requirement is to
      > with this. Do I need an app server to go along with this (such as
      > JBoss) or extension or something in order for servlets to run? Or
      > will my asp just run within IIS alone?
      > 3) Would I then use getURL/postURL from my svg/Javascript to
      > the asp class to retrieve my data?
      > Thanks a ton!! I'm a newbie to web development.
      > Jan
      > --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "Rick Bullotta"
      > <Rick.Bullotta@l...> wrote:
      > > You'll want to write an ASP.NET class that implements
      > IHttpHandler. This is
      > > essentially the .NET equivalent of a servlet.
      > >
      > > Rick Bullotta
      > > Lighthammer Software (http://www.lighthammer.com)
    • Show all 16 messages in this topic