47955Re: Executing Java/C# server method from svg

  • Jan
    Mar 2, 2005
      More basic questions. I am a Java/C# developer with not much web
      experience. I don't know anything about ASP or JSP.

      1) I'm assuming that ASP.NET use C# (similar to JSP using Java)?
      2) I am using IIS web server and the client's requirement is to stick
      with this. Do I need an app server to go along with this (such as
      JBoss) or extension or something in order for servlets to run? Or
      will my asp just run within IIS alone?
      3) Would I then use getURL/postURL from my svg/Javascript to execute
      the asp class to retrieve my data?

      Thanks a ton!! I'm a newbie to web development.

      Jan

      --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "Rick Bullotta"
      <Rick.Bullotta@l...> wrote:
      > You'll want to write an ASP.NET class that implements
      IHttpHandler. This is
      > essentially the .NET equivalent of a servlet.
      >
      > Rick Bullotta
      > Lighthammer Software (http://www.lighthammer.com)

      HTTP

      unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com