40552Re: MSXML parser

  • gistobias
    Mar 2, 2004
      Hi Ronan!

      Thank you for your reply!

      I am trying to parse SVG from another server, do you have any
      examples or more precise instructions on how to proxy a request
      through my own server? This would be a great solution if I knew how
      to do it!

      I would really appreciate some more help on this!

      regards
      Tobias

      --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, Ronan Oger <ronan@r...> wrote:

      > On Sunday 22 February 2004 16.45, gistobias wrote:
      > >I tried to use ASV3 to parse and insert external SVG (getUrl() and
      > >parseXML()) and that didn't work because of security limitations.
      >

      > Hi gistobias,
      >
      > There are no security concerns that I am aware of which prevent
      getUrl from working.
      > Please explain. There may be a simple solution to your getUlr
      problem .
      > Sometimes, people fail with get Url because they are attempting to
      retreive a url from a server other than the server from which the svg
      document came, and this is not allowed by the Javascript security
      model. If this is the case of your problem, then you need to proxy
      your request through your server.

      > All the best,
      >
      > --
      > Ronan Oger