27267RE: [svg-developers] Re: namespace question

  • Doug Schepers
    Mar 10, 2003
      Hi, All-

      I've also been embedding "meta-information" in one of my SVG apps, in much
      the way that Jon has, below. I've been using a dummy namespace up to this
      point, and setting each attribute/value under this namespace, using
      "setAttributeNS(myns, 'attrName', 'attrVal')". As Jon said, it works, and is
      gettable, allowing me to provide data for tooltips. But now I want to define
      the namespace attributes, to make it "legal" and valid, if possible. Has
      anyone got an example of how I can do this? The Spec is a bit abstract on
      this point.

      Many Thanks-
      -Doug

      ---