25561Re: [svg-developers] Re: SVG and Visio, XML and Office

  • Robin Berjon
    Jan 2, 2003
      Chris Lilley wrote:
      > On Friday, December 13, 2002, 12:06:33 PM, Robin wrote:
      > RB> I don't think anyone has ever considered using XML as a storage
      > RB> format for databases.
      >
      > http://xml.apache.org/xindice/

      Hmmm, yes, there are XML databases but I don't think that their internal storage
      is in XML. At least the indices usually are not (but I haven't looked at XIndice
      closely so I don't know. I'd be surprised however if it did that and got any
      performance!)

      --
      Robin Berjon <robin.berjon@...>
      Research Engineer, Expway http://expway.fr/