From Terra Australis to Australia | State Library of New South Wales

    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 29, 2008
      The First Fleet collection from the State Library of New South Wales.
      Jenelle.
      http://www.sl.nsw.gov.au:80/discover_collections/history_nation/terra_australis/index.html
      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 29, 2008

        Jenelle,

        This is a really good site..

        Think I will put it on desktop as a shortcut for a while

        Paddy

        The First Fleet collection from the State Library of New South Wales.
        Jenelle.
        http://www.sl.nsw.gov.au:80/discover_collections/history_nation/terra_australis/index.html

        <*> Your email settings:
            Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
            (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
            mailto:suth_to_aus-digest@yahoogroups.com
            mailto:suth_to_aus-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        Find a better answer, faster with the new Yahoo!7 Search - Start Here.
        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 29, 2008

          came through another list.  There is a poster at our historical society with the ships of the first fleet, (think names, will have to have another look.

              http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/suth_ to_aus/join

          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 29, 2008
            Jenelle
            I notice that like Queensland, they have an "Ask a librarian" service.
            This allows you to ask for free research :) !!!

            Judy

            Message 5 of 11 , Jul 29, 2008
              Judy, someone told me they charged, so I haven't used them yet....
              My Uncle's research is in New South Wales so would love to get some articles
              for him. Have you used them?

              Message 6 of 11 , Jul 29, 2008
                No jenelle
                Sister in law has just had some lovely stuff back from Qld State
                Library,,,all for nix
                I'll chase up and see what I can find out about NSW
                Judy

                Message 7 of 11 , Jul 29, 2008
                  Judy, knew Queensland didn't charge, heard Victoria did, but was unsure
                  about NSW. Research free but may have to pay for photocopies apparently.

                  Message 8 of 11 , Jul 29, 2008

                    Judy,

                    Must have missed something, what are you searching for in NSW and do you have a surname, maybe an area?

                    I have done a lot of research in NSW actually live in Waverley near Bondi Beach.

                    Most of my fathers mob landed here and not many moved interstate.

                    Paddy

                    Message 9 of 11 , Jul 29, 2008

                      Paddy,
                      My Uncle has Alexander Grierson/Isabella FYFE.  I just gave him the folder to read, have found most of them myself.

                      Message 10 of 11 , Jul 30, 2008

                        Hi Paddy
                        My lot on my Mums side all started off in Victoria and NSW before heading north.
                        No specific request at the moment, but I'll keep you in mind :)
                        How is that moggy making out?
                        Judy

                        -----Subject: Re: [suth_to_aus] From Terra Australis to Australia | State Library of New South Wales

                        Message 11 of 11 , Jul 30, 2008
                          Hi Judy.
                          That moggy is well occupied trying to figure a way out to the world beyond the house and kennel.
                          He is getting around the house now for parts of the day.  Have to laugh, Fred & I talk about whether or not it is time for Foxy's nap.  He now has a routine, wakeup, yawn, stretch, use the tray, start yowling.  Eat morning meal in kennel while the toilet tray is removed and returned with clean litter like magic.  Rest on heatpad in kennel for a little while.  Yowl plaintively again.  This time it worked and they are shutting the doors again.
                          Saunter out of kennel, stand on chair they have placed in a position so I won't have to jump too far on my sore half paw.  Hesitate a few seconds and they will lift me down.

                          That's from his point of view!!  From then on he has to be watched like a hawk.  He spends time staring at the back door.  Last night caught him up on the wide windowsill trying to reach the lock handle of the back door.  When he saw me he quickly jumped down without a care in the world until he landed on  the tiles and hurt his crook paw again.  Back to limping.
                          Happens all the time.  The vet does not want him up the backyard yet as he is too stupid and can't be trusted NOT to climb a fence.
                          Just going along as he is he gets into enough trouble.  Although I have to say he takes care when jumping on my lap.  He is taking the weight of the jump on his good paw.  That only happens if he stops & thinks about it.  Do something suddenly and he forgets.  Had to keep him locked in his kennel for two days a while back because he did something stupid.
                          It will be another two weeks of the same until the vet sees him again and then he may be able to get around in the backyard with us or one or the other present to try & prevent him from doing something dopey and ruin all the microsurgery that was done on him.
                          One thing,  He has put on more weight.  When he had the accident and hung from his "wrist"  he was a big cat 7.2Kg   last time he was weighed he was 7.45Kg.
                          It WOULD be nice to get the kennel off the diningroom table though!
                          Thanks for asking. It has been one long trauma.