Re: [suth_to_aus] 150 YEARS OF QUEENSLAND

    Message 1 of 21 , Jul 25, 2008
      Judy, My sutherland family originally came into Victoria 1857, sponsored by James Murray.  The daughter of Angus Polson/Mary Stewart Gillespie came to Queensland 1899 (Winton)...
      The other one who came into Queensland via Townsville was from Glasgow and the only one from that family to do so.
      Message 2 of 21 , Jul 25, 2008
        Okay Jenelle, let's go for it.  With you and Judy putting your heads together I feel sure we could create a very worthwhile tribute to these people.

        Will put an appeal on co suth for info also.

        Chris

        Jenelle McCarrick wrote:

        Chris,
        pretty sure that there are some Sutherland born people in our West End Pioneers cemetery too.
        I know a fair few scots came through Maryborough (they have a web site).  Townsville was an immigration point, (some of the buildings are still there).
        I reckon you'd get interest...
        Sent: Saturday, July 26, 2008 7:16 AM

        Message 3 of 21 , Jul 25, 2008
          OK Chris
          It will give me a push to dig up folk in the local cemetery too :)
          If folk on the Sutherland list have extended family here I'm sure Jenelle and I and other Queenslanders can help out with a bit of research.
          Shall we make a cut off of abt 1900?

          Sent: Saturday, July 26, 2008 7:16 AM

          Hi Jenelle and all members

          This is really interesting and I am playing with the idea of adding a page to

        • Chris Stokes

            Sent: Saturday, July 26, 2008 8:01 AM

            Message 5 of 21 , Jul 25, 2008
              Chris,
              I'll just check the Pioneer headstones for West End, Townsville - its actually online.
              Wouldn't think a complete list, we have the cemetary inex at our historical society.

              Sent: Saturday, July 26, 2008 7:16 AM

              Message 6 of 21 , Jul 25, 2008
                sounds good Judy.

                Sent: Saturday, July 26, 2008 7:16 AM

                Hi Jenelle and all members

                This is really interesting and I am playing with the idea of adding a page to

              • kapyong
                Message 7 of 21 , Jul 25, 2008

                  Dear Judy, I have a photo of 2 Macleod relatives, who apparently came from Raffin....the photo is at my aunts wedding in Footscray, Vic. around 1944? Their names are Roderick & William...one lived in Queensland and married Annie Sutherland. I think their fathers name was Ian Macleod. One lived in Peel St. Windsor.....not sure if that is in Qld. or Vic??? Regards Betty S
                  Can I send the photo as an attachment to Chris or?

                  From: Jenelle McCarrick <jmac2005@tpg. com.au>
                  Subject: [suth_to_aus] 150 YEARS OF QUEENSLAND
                  To: suth_to_aus@ yahoogroups. com

                  We have a few celebrations next year for Quensland, if anyone is interested
                  with Queensland descendants. ..
                  I can forward details, they are trying to get together Pioneer Registers.

                  <*> Your email settings:
                      Individual Email | Traditional

                  <*> To change settings online go to:
                      http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/suth_ to_aus/join
                      (Yahoo! ID required)

                  <*> To change settings via email:
                      mailto:suth_ to_aus-digest@ yahoogroups. com
                      mailto:suth_ to_aus-fullfeatu red@yahoogroups. com

                      http://docs. yahoo.com/ info/terms/

                  Start at the new Yahoo!7 for a better online experience - Start Here.

                  Message 8 of 21 , Jul 25, 2008

                    Betty
                    I'd send any info you have and photo to Chris...marking it "Qld project".
                    Let me know if you need any help with Qld details.
                    Honestly I think Peel St Windsor is Victoria

                    Sent: Friday, July 25, 2008 3:37 PM