Re: [suth_to_aus] New Zealand Link

    Message 1 of 19 , Mar 31, 2008
      Just don't care much for deliberately putting may name & email address in the care of any unknown company.
      We know that enough places known and unknown have them already.
      Fred came home fromthe dentist and while he was there in the waiting room the subject came up re the number of emails that WERE scam but dressed up as normal.  One lady said she had about 40 per day.  I'll bet she was in hotmail.
      Paddy

      Jenelle McCarrick <jmac2005@...> wrote:
      no..
      I did get an invite from her, didn't answer, not really into the social networking thing myself.
      Sent: Tuesday, April 01, 2008 3:43 PM
      Subject: Re: [suth_to_aus] New Zealand Link

      Judy & Jenelle
      Have sent an email to Cathy and will let you know what she says when I receive and answer,
      I really can't imagine the Cathy I know doing anything to hurt anyone, ever.
      Paddy

      paddy walsh <salisbury29a@ yahoo.com. au> wrote:
      Judy,
      I already got in touch with Cathy and she said it was OK  Just some new thing to coordinate and tag her people in her address book.  Actually not impressed as when you get into it you are asked for personal details.  That's when I deleted it.
      Have to get in touch with Cathy on another email address to explain that the tagging of email addresses is making people uncomfortable.
      Have you ever had any direct contact with Cathy through the hotmail address?
      I know I have but if I knew more it would help.
      Paddy

      raigmore@westnet. com.au wrote:
      Jenelle
      I got a strange email supposedly from Cathy Wagner last night which I
      deleted.
      Today went to open OE..blank.
      I'm NOT a happy chick.
      Have done the big virus check..3 hours..came up zero so hoping not a
      worm.
      Have yet to sort OE on my laptop for corrupted files.As far as I can
      see dbx files look intact.,,,
      GRRRR
      This is from webmail.
      Not nice on April 1
      Judy

      Message 2 of 19 , Apr 1, 2008
        they are bad for that. Love the DELETE BUTTON.
        Ok.  We better get back to genealogy, but if there are scams, and rip-offs around, I'lllet people or anyone on the list let people know.
        Stay away from Australian-Records.com - you will see it popup on sites... google it and find out for yourselves.
        Hate seeing people get ripped-off.
        Sent: Tuesday, April 01, 2008 4:56 PM

        Jenelle McCarrick <jmac2005@tpg. com.au> wrote:
        no..
        I did get an invite from her, didn't answer, not really into the social networking thing myself.
        Jenelle.
        ----- Original Mes! sage -----

        >seems ok here, but a couple of days ago got an unsolicitored email
        >from a yahoo group re smokers club invite, GOT THE BIG DELETE, I'm
        >not clicking onto an invite from someone I don't know.
        >Jenelle.

        No virus found in t! his incoming message.
        Checked by AVG.

        Checked by AVG.