Re: [suth_to_aus] British Family History at Pedigrees and People of the UK 1997-2006

    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 17, 2008
      Never seen it before but I'd say it is definitely worth a look.
      Saving until more time to browse.
      The Ship List to S.A. that came in on the County Sutherland List also looks interesting.  Oh for a lot of free time to browse these sites!!!
      Been spending time  (between doctors) with a frien who has terminal C.
      Just awful watching him waste away.
      Paddy

      Jenelle McCarrick <jmac2005@...> wrote:
      Found whilst googling - anyone used it at all.
      Jenelle.
      http://web.ukonline.co.uk/sheila.jones/emigrant.htm

      Yahoo! Groups Links

      <*> Your email settings:
      Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to:
      (Yahoo! ID required)

      <*> To change settings via email:
      mailto:suth_to_aus-digest@yahoogroups.com
      mailto:suth_to_aus-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      Make the switch to the world's best email. Get the new Yahoo!7 Mail now.

      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 17, 2008
        Pady,
        the Di Cummins SA lists have been on line for a while, think we have some SA ones at the historical society.
        Sorry to hear of your friend.  Trying to get through to relatives in Charleville, they are well and truly flooded.
        Sent: Friday, January 18, 2008 7:57 AM
        Subject: Re: [suth_to_aus] British Family History at Pedigrees and People of the UK 1997-2006

        http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/suth_ to_aus/

        http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/suth_ to_aus/join
        (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
        mailto:suth_ to_aus-digest@ yahoogroups. com
        mailto:suth_ to_aus-fullfeatu red@yahoogroups. com

        http://docs. yahoo.com/ info/terms/

        Make the switch to the world's best email. Get the new Yahoo!7 Mail now.

        Checked by AVG Free Edition.
      • Nortje
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 17, 2008
          Hi Jenelle
          Thanks for putting all these search sites on the list. I file them away, in
          case I ever need them. I haven't used this one, although some of the sites
          on there I have used. Do hope you manage to get through to your friends in
          Charleville and hope they are safe. So much rain all over Qld but its good
          to hear the dams are getting some of it too.
          Carol

          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 17, 2008
            Carol,
            have a Great Aunt and her sons and children there as well as an Aunt and
            Uncle up the other end of Galatea Street, look like it was under last night
            on the news. That Bradley's Gulley has always caused the problem. Last
            time in both floods 1986/1990 one lot of cousins got 11 foot of water
            through his house, he's with the SES, came home to a mess. My grandfather
            was lifted off the roof of his house by the ABC chopper. Gradad has passed
            now, but the house is still there.

            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 17, 2008
              Can't win can they, drought for years now massive floods.
              Can't imagine what it would be like to lose your home to fire or flood.
              And yet Australians are made of strong stuff, grieve for a bit then pick up the pieces.  Certainly a very tough breed.
              With my friend, could be months.  Still walking but can have no more treatment.  Had him to lunch at Westfield yesterday.  He can eat anything he likes now.  Makes no difference.

              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 17, 2008
                Paddy,
                had a chuckle of a local from Charleville fishing in the main street, up to his chest, secret watering hole.....
                Sometimes with cancer people stop worrying and get better, (not cured)....positive atittude.
                Overcast and muggy here.

                Message 7 of 9 , Jan 17, 2008
                  Jenelle,
                  Yeah we treat him as normal, don't fuss and give him anything he feels like eating when he wants it.  Caught him at Westfield one day sitting on a stool large as life eating the most greasy dripping pastry whatever and enjoying every bit of it.  I just grinned at him and said that looks pretty good, and he said yes it really is.  He still has his sense of humour. He can no longer eat meat, makes him sick to look a it even so have to think of things with a bit of protein.
                  Know what he wanted his wife to cook the other day, Tatties.  Flour mashed potato pepper & salt and cooked in the oven just like grandma used to make.
                  Judy, his wife, was happy to make anything he would eat.  They are both in mid eighties.  She had a long brush with the same thing but survived and still runs her Hair dressing salon.  She says to keep her mind off thngs.
                  Hope you are able to get news from your family soon,

                  Message 8 of 9 , Jan 17, 2008
                    just tried to phone - under evacuation... so its a wait and see.