Re: GEORGE MACKAY

  • jenellemccarrick
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 4, 2007
      --- In suth_to_aus@yahoogroups.com, mackayfl@... wrote:

      Fiona,
      wonder if there was a funeral notice for James. Also when you go into
      the National Archives at www.naa.gov.au, hit record search, enter as a
      guest - at the top of the page you will see a box called PASSENGER
      LIST. Click on that I found 2 George Mackay, for 1920's.
      Jenelle.

      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 4, 2007
        Fiona,
        good council.  It depends on the Council but you might be able to put a small cross on the grave.  I should do something about my 2 x great grandmother here, she only has a marker.
        Sent: Thursday, April 05, 2007 7:13 AM
        Subject: Re: [suth_to_aus] Re: GEORGE MACKAY

        Hi Janelle
        i had fantastic help and information from the local council at Dumbleyung - I contacted them and received loads of info about James and his life there. I've also through them made contact with granddaughter of James's business partner so they are going to look for info for me.
        thanks to a distant cousin(on my Caithness side)who lives a couple of hours from Dumbleyung(I love the word!!)she took some photos of James's grave - sadly there is no stone, would like to try and do something about that sometime. I also have James's details about when he came to Australia along with his business partner.

        Fiona

        Checked by AVG Free Edition.
      • mackayfl@aol.com

          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 4, 2007
            Fiona,
            I take it you've seen James Mackay's digitised World War 1 Record? I went into www.naa.gov.au, click record search, enter as a guest.  I typed in Mackay, James POB Scotland, next of kin given as Mother Annie Mackay, its 38 pages.