Re: [suth_to_aus] South Canterbury, New Zealand Surnames

    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 19, 2007
      Paddy, we have Huntsmen everywhere, also had a green fog on my kitchen bench the other week, turned the light on at 10.30pm and nearly had heart failure... it wasn't a baby, had to wake his royal highness to get rid of it.
      Sent: Saturday, October 20, 2007 3:50 PM
      Subject: Re: [suth_to_aus] South Canterbury, New Zealand Surnames

      Jenelle,
      I just sit here and shake my head!
      Paddy
      PS  Our huntsman spider (Henrietta) has appeared.  Usually means we have rain in 2-4 days.  She'd better be right or I'll get the Mortein out!

      Jenelle McCarrick <jmac2005@tpg. com.au> wrote:
      Paddy,
      was searching for someone's business in the Canterbury and this came up...
      Sent: Saturday, October 20, 2007 1:12 PM

      Another good one Jenelle,
      Where do you find them or do they just find you??
      Paddy

      Jenelle McCarrick <jmac2005@tpg. com.au> wrote:
      Names of interest for both lists.
      Immigrants to South Cantebury, New Zealand.
      Jenelle.
      http://www.rootsweb .com/~nzlscant/ surnames. htm

      Yahoo! Groups Links

      http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/suth_ to_aus/

      <*> Your email settings:
      Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to:
      http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/suth_ to_aus/join
      (Yahoo! ID required)

      <*> To change settings via email:
      mailto:suth_ to_aus-digest@ yahoogroups. com
      mailto:suth_ to_aus-fullfeatu red@yahoogroups. com

      <*> To unsubscribe from this group,send an email to:

      http://docs. yahoo.com/ info/terms/

      Sick of deleting your inbox? Yahoo!7 Mail has free unlimited storage. Get it now.

      Checked by AVG Free Edition.

      Sick of deleting your inbox? Yahoo!7 Mail has free unlimited storage. Get it now.

      Checked by AVG Free Edition.
    • Judy Meibusch
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 20, 2007
        Jenelle
        We have huntsmen moved in so hope Paddy is right about rain.
        I have 2 lovely little frogs in my bathroom...mind you they can be v noisy.
        I think you are a wuss!!!!! :)

        Sent: Saturday, October 20, 2007 3:58 PM

        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 20, 2007
          Judy,
          not sure if the huntsman spiders are going to tell the truth this time,  we are promised 30+ deg. Monday & Tues on the coast at Bondi.  We are used to huntsman spiders here, in the trees, on the back porch etc.  We were a bit worried as we hadn't seen one for about three months, thought the drought had killed them.  The only time they made me uneasy was one morning about 6am husband told me to look up.  There on the ceiling right above our heads was our Henrietta staring down at us.  The next day she was gone????  Where??

          Funniest thing was when we were having part of the roof at the back of the house replaced.  The roofers brought a young teenage lad with them and set him to removing some of the tiles on the side of the roof.  This entailed a ladder.
          The lad was romoving the tiles very carefully and one by one dropping them on the path.  Suddenly we heard a shriek, tiles flew everywhere and the young apprentice was galloping down the side of the house yelling something about a monster.  Our Henrietta had been reclining under the tiles and of course was quite irritated at being disturbed so had reared up in her most scary posture and terrified  the wits out of the lad.   I heard that he had a career change soon after and was training to become a pastry cook.
          Paddy

          Sent: Saturday, October 20, 2007 3:58 PM