Re: [suth_to_aus] NEW MEMBER WELCOME PLEASE. - JAMES THOMSON DUNNET/HENRIETTA AMY MACKAY

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 19, 2013
      Hi Jenelle
      This family is smack in the middle of my Mackay tree.
      Whoever is researching this family I would be interested
      to contact.  Does this new member have a name?  May have been in contact preveiously
      Henrietta (Amy) Mackay was the sister of my father in law Adam
      Mackay b. Armadale.
      She married James Thomson Dunnet who was a young constable in
      Thurso and they came (with other members of the Mackay Clan) and
      settled in Sydney.  They had several children here.
      Adam Mackay married Alexandrina (aka Ina) in Sydney (Randwick) after the
      war. Ina was born in Kirtomy.  They had three sons  James Donald, Hugh Angus and David Adam, all now desceased. (David died 30th July 2012)
      There are descendants of other related Mackay's in Sydney still.
      Adam Mackay served WW1 and others also.
      I have a family wedding shot of a group of the Mackay (males)who attended)
      I did post a heap of Mackay photos on the County Sutherland site some time ago and someone might find them of interest.
      Happy to share.
      Paddy