FW: [AUS-SAGEN] Dudley Park cemetery

    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 16, 2013
      From: aus-sagen-bounces@... [mailto:aus-sagen-bounces@...]
      On Behalf Of Anne Menadue
      Sent: Monday, 17 June 2013 10:59 AM
      To: 'SA List'
      Subject: [AUS-SAGEN] Dudley Park cemetery

      Do you have loved ones buried at Dudley Park Cemetery, South Australia? ...
      Notice on page 69 of today's Advertiser (17Jun2013) lists approx. 420
      gravesites that are up for renewal and in bold print the PAYNEHAM & DUDLEY
      PARK CEMETERIES TRUST INCORPORATED have written:

      "FAMILY MEMBERS AND RELATIVES OF THE HOLDERS OF BURIAL RIGHTS LISTED BELOW,
      ARE ASKED TO CONTACT THE OFFICE OF THE TRUST AT DUDLEY PARK BEFORE 31st JULY
      2013 FOR FURTHER INFORMATION ON THE PROPOSED DEVELOPMENT".

      Phone: (08) 8344 2973 Fax: (08) 8269 7644 Email: dudleypk@...

      Please note: that this Cemeteries Trust is the same body that's been
      redeveloping the Payneham Cemeteries... and you've seen photos of their work
      there.

      Fwd from Saving Graves - South Australia on face book

      Anne

      AUS-SAGEN Archives are here:
      http://archiver.rootsweb.ancestry.com/th/index/AUS-SAGEN/

      Websites of Interest on our Blog:
      http://aus-sagen-genealogy-websites.blogspot.com/

      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 16, 2013
        Hi Jenelle and Anne,
        I am not quite sure where Dudley Park/Cemetery is, I have many ancestors
        that lived in S.A. in the early days.
        Khan who came there and started a goods camel train to the outback and Alice Springs. He arrived about 1896.  He married a girl surname Leahy of Irish descent. The Leahy's came to WA and then to S.A.  The Leahy men worked on the Telegraph from S.A to W.A. and they did that under the most awful conditions.  Have a photo of one of them clothing falling to pieces, worn out shoes tied on and barely there at all.
        So I would be interested in knowing if Dudley Park might be in one of the areas that the families lived.
        regards
        Paddy
        Bondi NSW

        Do you have loved ones buried at Dudley Park Cemetery, South Australia? ...
        Notice on page 69 of today's Advertiser (17Jun2013) lists approx. 420
        gravesites that are up for renewal and in bold print the PAYNEHAM & DUDLEY
        PARK CEMETERIES TRUST INCORPORATED have written:

        "FAMILY MEMBERS AND RELATIVES OF THE HOLDERS OF BURIAL RIGHTS LISTED BELOW,
        ARE ASKED TO CONTACT THE OFFICE OF THE TRUST AT DUDLEY PARK BEFORE 31st JULY
        2013 FOR FURTHER INFORMATION ON THE PROPOSED DEVELOPMENT".

        Phone: (08) 8344 2973 Fax: (08) 8269 7644 Email: mailto:dudleypk%40adam.com

        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 16, 2013

          Do you know about what is going on in Western Australia, bull dozing graves including ww1 and so on..Karrata, the w.a. site..

          Jenele.

          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 16, 2013
            Yes Jenelle,
            Didn't you draw our attention to the fact a while back.
            Absolutely disgusting.  Obviously money means more to these people
            than respecting the rest of people who have passed on and now have nobody around to protect their graves.
            It was a while back wasn't it?  Didn't we sign a petition?
            I know the whole episode made me feel sick.
            There was a cove in USA.  Sorry can't remember exactly where.  But instead of burial the cove was being used for some time to scatter the ashes of folks who were cremated.  In the end they had to be stopped as the high concentration of ashes was found to be poluting not only the sandy area but the water as well.   It became that any fish that were caught in the area tasted awful,  the polution spoiled the fishing and any human activity on that shore and surrounds.
            I think I mentioned at the time that there was a cemetery in NSW that was being dimantled.  The inscripted stones with their messages were removed and kept so records could be made, Can't remember what happened to the bones of the intered body's.
            Paddy

            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 17, 2013

              Totally disrerespectful, probably developers, or.of other ethnic back grounds wh want their mosques…