RE: [suth_to_aus] John Oates - query on MARY ANN GORDON from Sutherlandshire

    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 21, 2013

      John you can try the www.ballaratgenealogy.org.au, the newspapers on line through the www.nla.gov.au, click papers the Victorian wills are on line (just google Victorian wills), also the Victorian government gazettes are on line, just google that..

      Jenelle.

      From:        paddy walsh <salisbury29a@...>
      To:        "suth_to_aus@yahoogroups.com" <suth_to_aus@yahoogroups.com>
      Date:        22/02/2013 12:19 PM
      Subject:        Re: [suth_to_aus] NEW MEMBER - MARY ANN GORDON
      Sent by:        suth_to_aus@yahoogroups.com

      Are we talking about a John who married a Mary Ann Gordon perhaps in

      Victoria Australia.  Made his money in the goldfields?
      Paddy

      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 21, 2013
        John
        Take the advice from jenelle.  I haad Googled and came up with quite a lot on a Mary Ann Gordon and a John, seems that is not the one judging from you shown pedigree it could be a James.
        Try Jenelle's suggestions before you go any further.  Have you looked for a death notice for the James you have marked.
        Lots of things to look at.
        Paddy

        John you can try the http://www.ballaratgenealogy.org.au/, the newspapers on line through the http://www.nla.gov.au/, click papers the Victorian wills are on line (just google Victorian wills), also the Victorian government gazettes are on line, just google that..