RE: [suth_to_aus] Think this one is still operating too

    Message 1 of 15 , Feb 7, 2013

      After 2 weird threatening phone calls and being screwed over with all that pow research I did..I’m not doing much anymore..sorry, people who know me can private email me..but I’m not posting anymore…

      Jenelle

      Message 2 of 15 , Feb 7, 2013
        Don't blame you Jenelle
        xxxPaddy

        Message 3 of 15 , Feb 7, 2013
          Jenelle,  I gave Facebook away a long time ago, couldn't stand the number  of "friends" that were trying to make me a pal.  Now facebook is being used for genealogy as well as causing marriage breakups etc.  Good place to keep away from....too many busy bodies.
          A good idea spoiled....

          Message 4 of 15 , Feb 7, 2013
            I did some more searching to try and find the moderator for Gene_Aus group.
            He has disappeared some time ago.  However I did find his tree in Rootsweb free trees.  I tried to make contact but all his contact addresses were out of date.  The funny part of the search was that I clicked on the home page button on the opening page of his family tree and guess where it led??? Straight to the old Group in Yahoo called Gene_Aus and opened straight away at the members surname database.  So all the Rootsweb, Yahoo Groups and Yahoo plus Ancestry who's footprints are all over everything. I thought I was shock proof but that was one I was not expecting.  Wondering now if the members database list was given/sold to Ancestry/Rootsweb.  I know that if you have a password username from years ago from Ancestry......whatever you wrote is STILL there.  So looks like if you join one you get them all. Passwords and user names and all.  sigh!  I have one more chance to find Ian (if he is still alive) but that is that.  Tried to delete a couple of members...including  me but wouldn't work.  Now I know why.
            Paddy

            Sent: Friday, February 08, 2013 12:11 PM

            Message 5 of 15 , Feb 7, 2013

              I’m about to do the same..you know..I only joined it to promote aussie movies and pees starting off…what was I thinking…also helping with genie search..no more..

              Jenelle.

              Sent: Friday, February 08, 2013 12:11 PM