ANOTHER weird email.

  • salisbury29a
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1, 2013
      This one appeared in the County Sutherland list.

      It says his name is Mat.... and says address is Yahoo mail

      The subject line only contains Please........open........

      Has anyone else noticed this one?
      Or was I the 'lucky' one.
      I of course did not do as asked in the subject line, there was no message that I could see. but then again I did not try to open it.
      It is now blocked from my computer and removed from the deleted file.

      Recently was off air for a few weeks. Computer crash (not virus the tech said..needed new modem and some other stuff.)
      The best thing I ever did was copy my whole computer to an external hard drive. Family history safe (all but a few things that I may have missed saving) I also had another External stuffed full of data which I was thankful for. A bit heavy on labour looking for special stuff re contents of family history on genealogy software. Found most of it.
      If someone has any idea who/why/ this person sent this out by email I would be curious to know.
      Paddy
      The sun is out for once and the rain has stopped.
    • Judy M
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 1, 2013
        Which Co Sutherland list did it come on? ..Yahoo or Rootsweb?
        Time?

        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 1, 2013
          Hi Judy
          Just had another thought.  Played it back in what is left of my brain.
          It was sent to my salsbry2@bigpond address.
          I assumed it was sent to Cty Sutherland as I had just been looking at some emails from there.
            Dumb and dumber.
          I did tickle it around the edges and found it was a personal message (clean) re someones aunt did the wrong thing.  Didn't touch the link and it has all gone to god now.  But do remember that his address had Yahoo in it.
          Maybe was mistaken identity.