Re: [suth_to_aus] FW: Reminder: Yahoo! Groups Labs Applications (beta) and Groups Chat shutdown notification

  • caroline smith
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 30, 2012
      Dear Jenelle,
      It sounds like a beta format - which is an old type of video and ?
      - it says it doesnt affect other types of yahoo groups -
      I'll send it to my daughters partner see what he thinks - he is a computer engineer and up with this sort of stuff
      it may not affect us
      regards
      Caroline

      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 30, 2012

        Aren’t we groups chat???

        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 30, 2012
          I am not sure Jenelle - chat online is when you type and reply immeditately online - replying as you read it - hopefully its not this group affected
          hopefully Brad will reply by tonight
          try not to worry - it might be ok
          Caroline

          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 30, 2012

            No, Jenelle
            "Chat" is a forum ...we are a mailing list..don't worry
            Yahoo are just dropping these.
            Judy

            Aren’t we groups chat???

            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 30, 2012
              Hi Jenelle and Carloline
              Well this news certainly jerked me out of my comfort zone on a Sunday morning.
              I remember that Yahoo was trying to get everyone to change over to this 'wonderful' ?? new experience of Beta program.  I stayed away from it for a while then couln't help myself thought I would try it as we were told that a quick switch back to traditional 'Classic' was possible.   Well I tried to use it but found it was unfriendly to an 'old girl' and so with a bit of fiddling managed to change back into Classic with a sigh of relief.  Beta system was not for me and I bet a lot of others found the same thing and jettisoned to return to the more user friendly version.  I suspect that it was not the big hit they thought it would be and that may have contributed to the demise of the system.  It is a worry that they are planning MORE new things though.  "if it works....don't fix it'
              I am off now to feed my new border, a baby Lorikeet hope to release him within a week.  So cute and so demanding. Nicest part is that his parents still come to visit and give him a meal  at least once a day so will hopefully ber able to let him go timed with the family visit.  Lovely bird, but such a messy little critter.
              regards
              Paddy

              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 30, 2012

                Ok, as I said, I’m not a computer nerd.. they’ve shut down a few sites that had great genealogy stuff on them..