Re:Trove

  • Joan Currie
    Message 1 of 7 , May 18, 2012
      Thanks Jenelle, it is a great resource.
      Joan

      Message 2 of 7 , May 19, 2012
        Thanks Jenelle and Joan Have only fairly recently started using Trove much.
        Now am happy to search that site first for a lot
        of things.  All I needed was a 'push' in that direction
        and I am hooked!
        regards
        Paddy

        Message 3 of 7 , May 19, 2012

          Gosh they have some stuff on line, recently purchased a 12 month sub to the british newspaper archives, but so far have seen some of the same stories on our wonderful trove site..

            Message 5 of 7 , May 19, 2012
              Ah Judy
              You caught me!
              Paddy
              (NOW 11.30PM)

              Message 6 of 7 , May 19, 2012
                yeah, think there are probably duplications all over the net as info is gathered.  Also there are a lot of folk collecting stuff and presenting it on the net via email.
                I am afraid I don't have their energy or dedication.
                Paddy

                Message 7 of 7 , May 22, 2012
                  Oh Noo all of you are addicted to TROVE!!
                  I have more info on Scottish decendants.
                  Most of Learmonth near Ballarat were scottish. Names related to this town are Learmonth, McDonald, McArdle etc.
                  I have created a public Sutherlandshire Scotland list under TROVE. If you go to Lists, it should bring them up or you can do a search for Australian content box.
                  Are ther anyone stuck with Australian decendants for those overseas? I have now discovered the NZ newspapers too.
                  Tammy