More Wills indexes on Qld State archives

    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 8, 2011
      http://www.archives.qld.gov.au/research/index/wills.asp

      Maybe I am behind the times but I didn't realise wills indexes had been
      further extended to 1935

      Don't forget many of the later wills bundles include a death
      certificate..lots cheaper to get these files [$12.50] than ordering one from
      the Justice Dept :)

      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 8, 2011

        I didn’t know either Judy.

        Jenelle.

        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 8, 2011

          Judy cost me over $90 to get my great grandfather’s will just a few years ago, it was all in bundles..

          Jenelle.

          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 8, 2011
            hmmm Jenelle I daresay they might charge more for that :)
            I imagine most wills wouldn't go beyond 8 pages.
            I looked at a gg uncles probate box a few years ago ..papers were v fragile but a big box full..I didn't ask for them to be copied.
            He died intestate and there was a big court case over the estate...mainly between the Qld and NSW gov to see who would administer it [and get the death duties] Amazing stuff in there.
            Judy

            Judy cost me over $90 to get my great grandfather’s will just a few years ago, it was all in bundles..

            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 8, 2011

              Albert’s estate was ripped off non stop by lawyers, all documents, letters from the judge, he kept documents for everything, this will is more than 8 pages..try a couple of inches thick and that was cutting down as well..

              Jenelle.