Re: [suth_to_aus] FW: [HV] Gale newspaper collection

    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 7 1:48 PM
      Jenelle
      I'm pretty sure these are still available free of charge ..access free of
      charge from The National Library and also state libraries using your e-card

      I prefer using my National library card which has the advantage of not
      expiring when I need it :) and I find the search engine easier.
      All the cards are free...take a few days to process and send to you.
      Judy

      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 7 4:14 PM

        Judy I don’t have a library card…never thought to get one.

        Jenelle.

        I'm pretty sure these are still available free of charge ..access free of
        charge from The National Library and also state libraries using your e-card

        I prefer using my National library card which has the advantage of not
        expiring when I need it :) and I find the search engine easier.
        All the cards are free...take a few days to process and send to you.
        Judy

        > Off the NSW list this morning.
        > Jenelle.

        w:st="on">UK research

        > Gale will offer their vast historical newspaper collection for
        > Library Week this year for a full two weeks Apr 10 to 24th. It appears
        > that
        > you will have to register beginning Sunday, April 10th for access to the
        > site but it will have a number of
        w:st="on">UK newspapers and US newspapers

        href="http://usderesources.blogspot.com/2011/04/gale-celebrate-national-library-we">http://usderesources.blogspot.com/2011/04/gale-celebrate-national-library-we

        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 7 8:41 PM
          Jenelle
          It is worth getting a state library card and national one ...you will have fun...a heap of resources including Scottish newspapers.
          There are also lots of old magazines coming online and searchable on Google books.
          Judy

          Judy I don’t have a library card…never thought to get one.

          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 7 10:43 PM

            Judy I’ll have a look into it next week, will have some free time then..