FW: [HV] Gale newspaper collection

    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 7 1:14 PM
      Off the NSW list this morning.

      Subject: [HV] Gale newspaper collection

      Handy for those with US and UK research

      Gale will offer their vast historical newspaper collection for
      Library Week this year for a full two weeks Apr 10 to 24th. It appears that
      you will have to register beginning Sunday, April 10th for access to the
      site but it will have a number of UK newspapers and US newspapers available.

      The information was posted at -

      http://usderesources.blogspot.com/2011/04/gale-celebrate-national-library-we
      ek.html

      http://www.gale.cengage.com/NLW/

      http://gdc.gale.com/products/gale-newsvault/
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 7 1:48 PM
        Jenelle
        I'm pretty sure these are still available free of charge ..access free of
        charge from The National Library and also state libraries using your e-card

        I prefer using my National library card which has the advantage of not
        expiring when I need it :) and I find the search engine easier.
        All the cards are free...take a few days to process and send to you.
        Judy

        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 7 4:14 PM

          Judy I don’t have a library card…never thought to get one.

          Jenelle.

          I'm pretty sure these are still available free of charge ..access free of
          charge from The National Library and also state libraries using your e-card

          I prefer using my National library card which has the advantage of not
          expiring when I need it :) and I find the search engine easier.
          All the cards are free...take a few days to process and send to you.
          Judy

          > Off the NSW list this morning.
          > Jenelle.

          w:st="on">UK research

          > Gale will offer their vast historical newspaper collection for
          > Library Week this year for a full two weeks Apr 10 to 24th. It appears
          > that
          > you will have to register beginning Sunday, April 10th for access to the
          > site but it will have a number of
          w:st="on">UK newspapers and US newspapers

          href="http://usderesources.blogspot.com/2011/04/gale-celebrate-national-library-we">http://usderesources.blogspot.com/2011/04/gale-celebrate-national-library-we

          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 7 8:41 PM
            Jenelle
            It is worth getting a state library card and national one ...you will have fun...a heap of resources including Scottish newspapers.
            There are also lots of old magazines coming online and searchable on Google books.
            Judy

            Judy I don’t have a library card…never thought to get one.

            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 7 10:43 PM

              Judy I’ll have a look into it next week, will have some free time then..