FW: April newsletter - family history articles, tips & offers

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 2, 2011

      From: LostCousins [mailto:info@...]
      Sent: Sunday, 3 April 2011 12:17 PM

      Subject: April newsletter - family history articles, tips & offers

      "Thoroughly enjoy your very informative newsletter. It is the only genealogical newsletter that is a must read for me." Johanna

      "Thanks again for the fabulous Lost Cousins newsletters - they are crammed with invaluable information." Jane

      Would you write your own obituary?

      DNA sequencing cost tumbles

      British Library holds census exhibition

      Newspapers online

      Overseas births and marriages fully indexed

      Membership reaches 85,000

      Information and misinformation

      New BBC series not to be sniffed at

      Do you remember Pathé News?

      Adding sound to cine footage

      Identifying family photographs

      Hampshire parish registers

      Unclaimed court funds

      How you can help your cousins

      Peter's tips

      To read the newsletter just click the link below (or else, highlight it, copy it, then paste it into your browser).  Remember, you don't need your password as it's not necessary to log-in to read the newsletter.

      http://lostcousins.com/newsletters/apr11news.htm

      Alternatively, visit the LostCousins website where you'll find a link from the Latest News page.

      You can always access the most recent newsletter using the following link (so you may wish to add it to your favourites):

      http://lostcousins.com/newsletters/latest.htm

      All of my newsletters since February 2009 are still online, and because each newsletter links to the one before, it's easy to catch up on any you've missed, or track down an article you'd like to re-read (soon there will be an online index - and then it will be even easier!).

      By all means circulate my newsletter to friends or relatives who share your interest in family history - simply copy the first link above and paste it into your email. But why not invite them to join LostCousins so that they'll get a copy regularly?

      Remember - there's no need to log-in to read the newsletter.

      Peter Calver

      Founder, LostCousins

      There are over 57,000 LostCousins members who have asked to receive my newsletters. However, if you no longer want to receive these emails please change the settings on your My Details page, or contact me for help. And if you're not researching your family tree do please let me know so that I can close your account - sending emails to people who aren't interested in family history is as much a waste of my time as it is of yours!