Re: [suth_to_aus] DONALD MACKENZIE m. ISABELLA MCKAY circ 1840

    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 31, 2007
      Heather, think she's on the list, Whyte I think).  Mackay has its own historical society.
      Sent: Wednesday, August 01, 2007 12:57 PM
      Subject: Re: [suth_to_aus] DONALD MACKENZIE m. ISABELLA MCKAY circ 1840

      Hi Janell,
      John migrated to Mackay Queensland and lived here from then until he died in 1935. He met his wife Grace Mary Noble in the Walkerston immigration camp then located close to what is now Mackay.
      Do I know of Carol?

      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 1, 2007
        Hello Jenelle and Heather
        Yes I am trying to trace a John MacKenzie that came to Australia - Melbourne, but this is not the same one.  A pity.
        Carol (SE Qld)

        do you know what state John migrated to?  Isn't Carol trying to chase down MacKenzie too?

        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 1, 2007
          HI Jenelle
          I have just written to Heather 'off-list' to introduce myself to her.  I can't see a connection unfortunately.
          Talk soon
          'Carol
          Heather, think she's on the list, Whyte I think).  Mackay has its own historical society.
          Sent: Wednesday, August 01, 2007 12:57 PM

          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 1, 2007
            Shame Carol,
            you could have had a breakthrough...
            Sent: Wednesday, August 01, 2007 12:57 PM

            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 2, 2007
              Yes it would have been great.  Thanks for remembering me Jenelle.  If I don't speak to you before your holiday, have a great time.
              Take care
              Carol

              Sent: Wednesday, August 01, 2007 12:57 PM

              Message 6 of 9 , Aug 2, 2007
                Carol,
                probably won't unsubscribe till the day before.

                Sent: Wednesday, August 01, 2007 12:57 PM