Re: [suth_to_aus] Happy New Year etc

    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 1, 2011
      Hi Caroline
      from Judy up the road at Hampton :)
      Happy New Year...damp enough?

      Very Happy New Year all - and thank you very much to Jenelle for all the ideas and new sites you send us - and the hard work!

      some of the sites have been really useful - such as trove and scotlands rural past and the digitised newspaper site !!!!

      I dont always reply but I always reAd the emails - now or later - they are my most saved emails in fact

      regards

      Caroline Mann-Smith

      Toowoomba

      Reseaching the McKays of Farr and Port Skerra, the McDonalds of Actlghaire and Port Skerra, in Sutherland  and the Mansons of Crokster and Thurso, the Smiths of Dunbeath, the Campbells and Sutherlands of Watten, in Caithness ,SCOTLAND

      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 1, 2011
        Didnt know you were from hampton - fancy thaT !

        A VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR to all on the list!

        Time also for a big thankyou to Jenelle for her terrific input and for moderating this list.

        This is OT but might be useful

        If you are looking for books to buy online in Australia , I found a really great place to search http://booko.com.au/

        I had been told a book I was after was out of print..a quick search here brought up plenty of options to follow up with comparative prices.[which varied I might add from $51 to  $117 !!!]

        The list isn't perfect...I found another book listed for Dymocks which was actually cheaper again in the shop [marked down] but it is a good starting point.

        Judy

        My websites

        are you from Hampton