FW: December newsletter - latest genealogy news & articles

    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 15, 2010

      Latest from Lost Cousins..

      Jenelle.

      From: LostCousins [mailto:info@...]
      Sent: Thursday, 16 December 2010 5:44 AM
      To: jmac2005@...
      Subject: December newsletter - latest genealogy news & articles

      For many of us Christmas is a time that we spend with relatives, old and young. What better time to take another look at our family tree?

      Here's what you'll find in my latest newsletter:

      Certificates go up in Scotland & Northern Ireland

      Scotlandspeople prices will also increase

      FamilySearch update proves controversial

      Do you allow your information to be misused?

      Saving medical records - the story continues

      Scottish hospital records preserved

      NHS site leaks information to Facebook

      London: "The People of the Abyss"

      Findmypast offer MarriageMatch™

      Buying credits? Get 25% extra free

      Ancestry 'complete' 1851 Census

      Cherchez la femme?

      Plymouth & West Devon records to go online

      Northern Ireland wills online

      An amazing coincidence

      Christmas gifts

      Looking for previous issues?

      More articles online

      Peter's Tips

      In the next issue

      To read the newsletter just click the link below (or else, highlight it, copy it, then paste it into your browser).  Remember, you don't need your password as it's not necessary to log-in to read the newsletter.

      http://lostcousins.com/newsletters/dec10news.htm

      Alternatively, visit the LostCousins website where you'll find a link from the Latest News page.

      You can always access the most recent newsletter using the following link (so you may wish to add it to your favourites):

      http://lostcousins.com/newsletters/latest.htm

      All of my newsletters since February 2009 are still online, and because each newsletter links to the one before, it's easy to catch up on any you've missed, or track down an article you'd like to re-read.

      By all means circulate my newsletter to friends or relatives who share your interest in family history - simply copy the first link above and paste it into your email. But why not invite them to join LostCousins so that they'll get a copy regularly?

      Remember - there's no need to log-in to read the newsletter.

      Peter Calver

      Founder, LostCousins

      If you don't want to receive these emails please change the settings on your My Details page, or contact me for help.

    • Frances Bishop
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 6, 2011
        Hi Jenelle,

        Thanks for posting the Lost Cousins newsletters. This time I had a
        closer look and signed up for the free version. Any tips for getting
        the most out of the web site?

        Many thanks, Frances
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 6, 2011

          Frances I go through everything for the newsletter, I’ve never had success through the Lost Cousin site, but you might…

          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 7, 2011
            Thanks, Jenelle. I appreciate your help.

            Frances