RE: [suth_to_aus] Re: Hughina Clark Ross & Michael Sullivan marriage certificate

  • cjones58
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 2 10:21 PM

    Sorry everyone, I should have marked the certificates more clearly.  I will have another go and hope I get the correct one this time.  ; )   It is the bottom record on the page, and I can’t read the Parish.

    Coral Jones

    cjones58@...

    Message 2 of 9 , Aug 3 12:25 AM
      Cr...gola certainly a place not a parish.
      Any ideas, Jenelle?
      Maybe turn it over to Sutherland List?

      Otherwise...what did Hughina give as her birthplace on her children's birth certificates, Coral ?
      Judy

      I've got Cr.. so far..
      Jenelle.

    • ceej
      Message 3 of 9 , Aug 3 12:43 AM
        On the certificates I have, it just says Sutherland Shire, Scotland.

        :(

        Message 4 of 9 , Aug 3 12:50 AM
          of course :) ...grrr

          Message 5 of 9 , Aug 3 1:11 AM
            what about death certificates, got wills, newspapers yet, world connect, familysearch ancestry.com.au Public trees, www.geneanet.org/  Bendigo has a very good history site.
            On the certificates I have, it just says Sutherland Shire, Scotland.

            :(

            --- In suth_to_aus@yahoogroups.com, "Judy" <raigmore@...> wrote:

            > Cr...gola certainly a place not a parish.
            > Any ideas, Jenelle?
            > Maybe turn it over to Sutherland List?
            >
            > Otherwise...what did Hughina give as her birthplace on her children's birth certificates, Coral ?
            > Judy
            >

            > I've got Cr.. so far..
            > Jenelle.

          • caroline smith
            Message 6 of 9 , Aug 3 2:00 AM
              Hi
              Looks to me like it says something like-

              Clalkenconnan (or common?) Parish, Stirling, Scotland - dont think it says Sutherland- are you sure she was from Sutherland ?

              You can find lists of parishes - I have one for Sutherland- dont think there is called that

              regards
              Caroline mann-Smith
              QLD
              Researching
              McKay and Manson families of Port Skerra, Sutherland and Thurso, Caithness, repectively

              cjones58@tpg. com.au