This list

  • Chris Stokes
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 1, 2007
      Good Morning from England
      Delighted to rise this morning and find this is all working. Brilliant.
      Although, as Jenelle pointed out, it was my idea I only came up with it
      as I feel there is such a vast amount of knowledge on Australian
      genealogy you absolutely deserve a place where you can really get stuck
      into it. Your country is vast and the number of emigrants from
      Sutherland who made their way there is also vast. An excellent
      combination for a super new site.
      At present I am in the background and available to help Jenelle when
      invited to and also to stand in for her when she has holidays etc.
      Apart from that this is Jenelle's area and I know that with the support
      of you all it will become a fascinating list. Jenelle is brilliant as
      you all know already - would not have dreamed up this area if I had doubts.
      Be nice to get a photo album up on your group home - nice pics of
      Australia, perhaps some historical postcards, arrival centres for
      emigrants, etc. Anyone have anything like that?
      Please also remember that you may put brief outlines of your researching
      on the new Research help forum on www.countysutherland.co.uk which will
      help to get new members coming in - you can direct folks here if you
      wish. More the better.
      I have 'lost' some Sutherland folks in Victoria somewhere - who knows I
      may finally find an opportunity here to search them out.
      Thanks Jenelle and all.
      Chris