Re: [suth_to_aus] GRO certificates

    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 26, 2010
      Elizabeth..those are the GRO index numbers.Use them to order from GRO.
      [They do not apply if ordering from local registration districts]

      Thanks for the reminder...prices are just about to go up :(
      Judy

      Do any of you people know the answer to the following.  When ordering a birth certificate from the GRO (UK)  are the references given from the Free BMD index (ie volume & page) the same as those in the GRO Reference Index?  In other words am I able to quote those from the FreeBMD and get a certificate for 7 pounds or do I have to pay the higher price for certificate without the GRO reference?

      Thanks in anticipation
      Elizabeth Shepherd

    • elizabeth shepherd
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 27, 2010
        Thank you Judy.
        It's a bit annoying that the GRO make no reference to the FreeBMD site and references only to their own indexes lodged in a few strategic locations around the UK.  The UK price is better value than ever for us with the exchange rate so favourable, and compared to the price of Aust'n certs, a steal.

        Elizabeth