Fw: [HV] Sydney's Rookwood main cemetery

    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 26, 2009
      Bit more to the first posting curtesy of the Hunter Valley list..
      Sent: Sunday, September 27, 2009 10:31 AM
      Subject: Re: [HV] Sydney's Rookwood main cemetery

      Catholic burials can be searched:
      http://www.catholiccemeteries.org.au/rookwood/rookwood.html
      (a search screen pops up)

      and the Independents:
      http://www.rookwoodindependent.com.au/Mapping/Index.aspx
      Sydney's Rockwood main cemetery is now searchable .
      > http://www.rookwoodcemetery.com.au/

      17:51:00
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 26, 2009
        Jenelle, I Could kiss you, I have been waiting for this for some time.  Think the catholic has been available for a while.
        Well that's it, me gone for the day as I have HEAPS resting in there.  We have been to the cemetery several times and the Catholic was helpful and when we arrived home the info I wanted was on the computer.  The Anglican, well they would allow only a couple of records
        and would only give that info if you knew the name of the last burial.  They said it was a privacy matter....privacy?  the folks I was researching had been dead about 100 years.  Wouldn't have thought they would be worried about privacy....sheez
        So phone off the hook, computer on stand by and that's me, gone for the day!!  I have receipts and certificates of burial from Haslams creek cemetery which was the begining of Rookwood.  Or maybe it was called Leichhardt Cemetery first.  Fred has lots of rellies there too.  Needed to take a cut lunch to find some of them and then were none the wiser as they were so damaged that giving us the number of the grave was useless.  They still wouldn't tell us who was in the grave, now everyone will know......no more stupid secrets.

        Wish Waverley Cemetery would go online.  lots of famous people there including the 1798 Irish Memorial.  Got my seat/bed booked there nearby.

        Paddy

        Bit more to the first posting curtesy of the Hunter Valley list..
        Sent: Sunday, September 27, 2009 10:31 AM

        Catholic burials can be searched:
        http://www.catholic cemeteries. org.au/rookwood/ rookwood. html
        (a search screen pops up)

        and the Independents:
        http://www.rookwood independent. com.au/Mapping/ Index.aspx
        Sydney's Rockwood main cemetery is now searchable .
        > http://www.rookwood cemetery. com.au/

        17:51:00

        Get more done like never before with Yahoo!7 Mail. Learn more.

          Sent: Sunday, September 27, 2009 10:31 AM