RootsWeb's WorldConnect Project: Funnell Family

    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 10, 2007
      Paddy,
      on rootsweb world connect a Henrietta Amy MACKAY married to a James Thomson
      DUNNET, (same name on the Police employment) through the
      www.records.nsw.gov.au, I searched indexes.
      Jenelle.
      http://wc.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=:1772716&id=I82311923
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 10, 2007
        Thanks loads Jenelle,
        Yes Yes & Yes.  That is the family.  I have James right back to Orkney Is. but after his marriage to Henrietta Amy Mackay (sister to my late father in law 1st marriage)  I have quite a bit on the Funnell family as decendants of James & Henrietta.  Actually contacted some of them and received some info but they didn't follow up.  James married Henrietta in Thurso, the date escapes me,
        she was born Armadale Sutherland about 1882.
        Can't give date of marriage as all that is on the removeable drive F which has been moved to the new computer which is in hospital getting it's burner operated on.  I'm sure that the marriage cert. Thurso said he was a constable.
        I have their children and desendants etc although I may get more from the site you gave me on Funnell.I would really love to prove and document what he really was in the NSW Police Force.  Spent some time searching every so often but could never get the information.  Obviously looking in the wrong places although I remember giving nat. Archives a go.
        I have photos of James & Henrietta in Australia, one really good photo of James, Henrietta and the children.  Others of the wedding of one of their sons and a few others as well.
        If I could just track his NSW police career down it would certainly get rid of this hole in my research which has been bugging me on & off for years.
        I have to go and start my e-tax now  (am getting black looks) but will be back on this old computer (which I thankfully did not wipe) later today)  and will follow up you suggestions with hope>
        Thanks a lot Jenelle
        Paddy

        Jenelle McCarrick <jmac2005@...> wrote:
        Paddy,
        on rootsweb world connect a Henrietta Amy MACKAY married to a James Thomson
        DUNNET, (same name on the Police employment) through the
        www.records.nsw.gov.au, I searched indexes.
        Jenelle.
        http://wc.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=:1772716&id=I82311923

        Yahoo! Groups Links

        <*> Your email settings:
        Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
        (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
        mailto:suth_to_aus-digest@yahoogroups.com
        mailto:suth_to_aus-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 10, 2007
          Paddy,
          he was appointed to the New South Wales Police Force 1910, service number 9153.  If you can get someone to go to the archives for you there.  I saw the photo on line just before.
          Sent: Wednesday, July 11, 2007 12:12 PM
          Subject: Re: [suth_to_aus] RootsWeb's WorldConnect Project: Funnell Family

          http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/suth_ to_aus/

          http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/suth_ to_aus/join