Fw: Ancestry.com.au 50% discount offer

    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 4, 2009
      I meant to send this earlier, a 50% discount off subscription to Ancestry.
      Expires midnight 9Feb, 09, read through everything. This came via our FHANQ
      list, but with power off and on and floods and work - got sidetracked.
      Jenelle.

      8:52 PM
      Message 2 of 12 , Feb 4, 2009
        Jenelle,
        $74.98 after 50% discount for 12 months sounds OK.  But only if it is AUD
        so is it quoting in AUD or USD.  Don't think the current exchange rate woul be
        our way now.
        Think I hav a current lapsed account (is there any such thing?) which may keep me away.
        Paddy

> [...]

        > albums of aviators who were issued with their flying licences
        > (certificates)
        > by the Royal Aero Club from 1910-1950. These included the first military
        > and
        > naval personnel to become pilots. Information listed on the index cards
        > about the pilots includes: name, birth date, birthplace, nationality, rank
        > or profession, date and place of certificate, and certificate number.
        >
        > 4. The Times newspaper was located in London, Middlesex, England. This
        > database is a fully searchable version of the newspaper for the following
        > years: 1788-1833.
        >
        > 5. The Staffordshire Daily Sentinel newspaper was located in Stoke On
        > Trent,
        > Staffordshire. This database is a fully searchable text version of the
        > newspaper for the following years: 1875 and 1877.

        Make Yahoo!7 your homepage and win a trip to the Quiksilver Pro. Find out more.
        Message 3 of 12 , Feb 4, 2009

          Paddy
          It is AUD

          Message 4 of 12 , Feb 4, 2009

            Paddy its aussie dollars, wonder if I cna get another 12 months, after Santa bought me one for Christmas?

            Message 5 of 12 , Feb 5, 2009
              Thanks Judy
              Paddy

> [...]

              > and
              > naval personnel to become pilots. Information listed on the index cards
              > about the pilots includes: name, birth date, birthplace, nationality, rank
              > or profession, date and place of certificate, and certificate number.
              >
              > 4. The Times newspaper was located in London, Middlesex, England. This
              > database is a fully searchable version of the newspaper for the following
              > years: 1788-1833.
              >
              > 5. The Staffordshire Daily Sentinel newspaper was located in Stoke On
              > Trent,
              > Staffordshire. This database is a fully searchable text version of the
              > newspaper for the following years: 1875 and 1877.

              8:52 PM

              Make Yahoo!7 your homepage and win a trip to the Quiksilver Pro. Find out more.

              Make Yahoo!7 your homepage and win a trip to the Quiksilver Pro. Find out more.
            • CAROL NORTJE
              Message 6 of 12 , Feb 5, 2009

                Hello Jenelle, Paddy and Judy
                Just to let you know that I signed up for it, and all above board.  I was already a member from way back, and used my same sign in name and password with no problems.  The just charged my card with A$74.98.  I will be sure to cancel the subscription before my next renewal.
                In the meantime, my new computer that I got before Christmas is refusing to boot up today, so looks like I am going to lose everything on it.  I haven't backed up anything since I got the new computer.  Serves me right.

                Cheers
                Carol

> [...]

                > and
                > naval personnel to become pilots. Information listed on the index cards
                > about the pilots includes: name, birth date, birthplace, nationality, rank
                > or profession, date and place of certificate, and certificate number.
                >
                > 4. The Times newspaper was located in London, Middlesex, England. This
                > database is a fully searchable version of the newspaper for the following
                > years: 1788-1833.
                >
                > 5. The Staffordshire Daily Sentinel newspaper was located in Stoke On
                > Trent,
                > Staffordshire. This database is a fully searchable text version of the
                > newspaper for the following years: 1875 and 1877.

                8:52 PM

                Make Yahoo!7 your homepage and win a trip to the Quiksilver Pro. Find out more.

                Make Yahoo!7 your homepage and win a trip to the Quiksilver Pro. Find out more.

                Internal Virus Database is out of date.

                Message 7 of 12 , Feb 5, 2009

                  Good wake up call for us all Carol..Hope your computor gets sorted.

                  Another great option is to buy a limited debit card from the Post Office for $75 :)
                  I'm going to look into that tomorrow.
                  Judy

                  Message 8 of 12 , Feb 5, 2009

                    That is a good idea Judy.  Don't know if it will accept that though, I thought it had to be a credit card.  Check before you buy one.

                    Carol

                    Message 9 of 12 , Feb 5, 2009
                      Carol,
                      Did you try the restart or can't you even get to that?

                      The info should all be there on the hard drive.  There is a way of getting it.
                      I have been using an external Hard Drive, holds 500GB
                      Set to auto backup the whole computer three nights a week at 5pm
                      This one makes a first backup of everything then only adds or deletes the changes
                      Guarrantees to restore to the same place the data came from.
                      Lost all my Pictures a very large Folder with losts of sub folders full of files a week or so ago.  Just went Pooooof!!!!!!
                      Was devastated.  All the collected photos etc from years of saving.  Restored the computer, to prior date, no luck.  Was going to get into the backup when I thought I would try one more time.  I did a search for one photo by name.  The search eventually found it.
                      It was in a folder in a different drive kept for family research.
                      Had a quick look around in other folders and there they were, all scattered throughout the folders in the computer.  So am upto 'J'  now laboriously replacing them one by one in correct folders.  I will be old and grey before I am finished ......what the heck I AM old and grey so no damage done.
                      Good luck
                      Paddy

                      Message 10 of 12 , Feb 5, 2009

                        My sister in law has used one Carol
                        I have a Visa Debit card that I use for all online stuff but this would be better for Ancestry...throw it away after you've made the payment. :)
                        Sent: Thursday, February 05, 2009 9:11 PM

                        Message 11 of 12 , Feb 5, 2009
                          I have a pensioner low balance Visa which is designed for use on the Internet.
                          I keep between $200-$300 in it sometimes less.  I use it for all the genealogy stuff and it is accepted world wide. No fees. and pays interest. (about $3 per month) but not much longer in the current climate I suppose.
                          Would have a lot of trouble functioning without it.
                          Paddy

                          Message 12 of 12 , Feb 5, 2009

                            Too late for me now, but good advice Judy.
                            Thanks

                            Sent: Thursday, February 05, 2009 9:11 PM