mackenzieline

    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 20, 2007
      Heather
      have you seen this site in regards to your MacKenzie line by Karen Costello.
      Jenelle.
      http://www.geocities.com/karen_costello5/mackenzieline.html
    • Heather Matson
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 20, 2007
        Yes Jenelle. For a time Karen and I thought this was our man. Big disappointment. So here I am again.

        have you seen this site in regards to your MacKenzie line by Karen Costello.
        Jenelle.
        http://www.geocities.com/karen_costello5/mackenzieline.html

        Yahoo! Groups Links

        <*> Your email settings:
            Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
            (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
            mailto:suth_to_aus-digest@yahoogroups.com
            mailto:suth_to_aus-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 20, 2007
          ok. Have you gone through the 1861 census.
          Sent: Thursday, June 21, 2007 1:41 PM
          Subject: Re: [suth_to_aus] mackenzieline

              http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/suth_ to_aus/

              http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/suth_ to_aus/join
              (Yahoo! ID required)

          <*> To change settings via email:
              mailto:suth_ to_aus-digest@ yahoogroups. com
              mailto:suth_ to_aus-fullfeatu red@yahoogroups. com

              http://docs. yahoo.com/ info/terms/

          Checked by AVG Free Edition.
        • Bill Bell
          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 20, 2007
            Hi everyone

            Speaking of the McKenzie family, I have a mysterious Hugh McKenzie who
            turns up in the 1851 Census. He was born in the Parish of Tongue,
            Sutherland in 1801 and was residing in Armadale with Donald Munro's
            three youngest daughters Lexy, Kettie and Jessie while they went to
            school and the rest of the family were living in Edinburgh.

            I wonder if anyone has come across Hugh in their own research.

            Bill
            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 20, 2007
              not yet Bill.

              Message 6 of 9 , Jun 21, 2007
                Yes, I have searched Scotlandspeople without any success either. There are literally hundreds of John Mackenzies with Donald and Isabella Mackay for parents aren't there?
                Taking an average of the ages he has put on documents, I believe he was born about 1866. I am hoping someone will have him as a brother to Alice with the matching parents etc.

                ok. Have you gone through the 1861 census.
                Sent: Thursday, June 21, 2007 1:41 PM

                Message 7 of 9 , Jun 21, 2007
                  ok.  it's the sort of research weather again today, rainy and cold.
                  Sent: Friday, June 22, 2007 9:25 AM

                  Sent: Thursday, June 21, 2007 1:41 PM

                  Message 8 of 9 , Jun 21, 2007
                    5C this morning in Bondi.we keep saying to each other, well we are overdue for a real winter aren't we?  At least now the sun is out & I have washing on the line.  Warmed up to13C
                    I have a 3rd cousin who has just about given up on a John McKenzie who emigrated to Aust.  In some areas the McKenzie name changed to McKenna, or McKinny and about 20 other spellings............Hopeless.  She now cuts out paper dolls and call them John ........
                    Paddy

                    Sent: Friday, June 22, 2007 9:25 AM

                    Sent: Thursday, June 21, 2007 1:41 PM

                    Message 9 of 9 , Jun 21, 2007
                      MacKenzie/McKenzie big around Barcaldine, can see pictures through the State library of quensland - picture site. I have a McKenzie in NZ, but got that information no problem.

                      Sent: Friday, June 22, 2007 9:25 AM

                      Sent: Thursday, June 21, 2007 1:41 PM

                      Yes Jenelle. For a time Karen and I thought this was our man. Big disappointment. So here I am again.

                      have you seen this site in regards to your MacKenzie line by Karen Costello.
                      Jenelle.
                      http://www.geocitie s.com/karen_ costello5/ mackenzieline. html

                      Yahoo! Groups Links

                          http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/suth_ to_aus/

                      <*> Your email settings:
                          Individual Email | Traditional

                      <*> To change settings online go to:
                          http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/suth_ to_aus/join
                          (Yahoo! ID required)

                      <*> To change settings via email:
                          mailto:suth_ to_aus-digest@ yahoogroups. com
                          mailto:suth_ to_aus-fullfeatu red@yahoogroups. com

                          http://docs. yahoo.com/ info/terms/

                      Yahoo!7 Mail has just got even bigger and better with unlimited storage on all webmail accounts. Find outmore.
                      Checked by AVG Free Edition.

                      Checked by AVG Free Edition.

                      Checked by AVG Free Edition.