Re: [suth_to_aus] Catholic Cemeteries Board

    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 31, 2008

      no-one is mentioning the H word here, what's left, dogs had some, now in bin, way too fatty this ham was (Dad won it) so got quite a few feeds off it, never look a gift horse in the mouth.
      I'll have to go through the Catholic site myself.
      Sent: Thursday, January 01, 2009 5:00 PM
      Subject: Re: [suth_to_aus] Catholic Cemeteries Board

      Jenelle, if you have sent this linkd before I must have missed it.
      So, instead of finishing the ironing, I have been into the Catholic grave records
      and half my Walsh's are there.
      Thanks for that.   I think.  Have printed them all out.
      Geez look at the time and I don't have a clue what to make for dinner.  If I say the word "HAM" even the cat will take off to a cafe.
      Wish the C of E had a similar site.
      Rookwood has a very good site of it's own, and also lists the cremations.  Must hav another look there, never know who might have been added since last I looked.  Lot of Mackay's in there out from Sutherland.  Waverley Cemetery is a very old one overlooking the ocean.
      Everynow and then developers make some noises about moving the graves elswhere and  developing the prime land.  Get howled down every time.  Some pretty important folk buried there (apart from my family that is)  The Irish Monument is in the old section high up overlooking the ocean.  Not all that far from my place.  The monument has the names of the Rebels of 1798 who perished.  I have a triple grave nearby the monument awaiting my family. (not ready yet!!) Already has Great uncle Martin and a couple of his kids. Plus his wife.
      More Walsh's in another section closer to the water. My parents, Grandparent, Aunties & uncles.   In the C of E Section we have the Bardsley family
      Goota go
      Paddy