Muttaburra, CENTRAL QLD.

    Message 1 of 14 , Sep 29, 2008
      Muttaburra has a search site, alot of people ended up in bush graves or
      small town.
      I know there is a dinosaur named Muttaburrasaurus.
      Jenelle.
      http://www.muttaburra.com:80/home.php
      Message 2 of 14 , Sep 29, 2008
        Thanks for that Jenelle,
        Haven't got anyone there that I know of but have saved the history section to read later.
        Just shows that we down here don't take enough notice of QLD history.  Gems like this hidden away until you unearth them while looking for something else.
        Our daylight saving starts next Saturday night this year will be same as Vic.  Finishing April;  Longer than before.  Remember when they first started this and people were worried that the cows would stop giving milk?
        Paddy

        Muttaburra has a search site, alot of people ended up in bush graves or
        small town.
        I know there is a dinosaur named Muttaburrasaurus.
        Jenelle.
        http://www.muttaburra.com:80/home.php

        <*> Your email settings:
            Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
            (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
            mailto:suth_to_aus-digest@yahoogroups.com
            mailto:suth_to_aus-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        Make the switch to the world's best email. Get Yahoo!7 Mail.

          Message 4 of 14 , Sep 29, 2008

            no daylight savings here either... still cool.
            These small sites certainly produce good search facilities.
            Wonder what other gems are out there, waiting to be discovered.

            Message 5 of 14 , Sep 29, 2008
              Jenelle,
              If anyone can stumble over them on their way to somewhere else
              looking for somthing for someone it will be YOU!
              Paddy

              Message 6 of 14 , Sep 29, 2008
                Now Judy!!!!
                Paddy

                Message 7 of 14 , Sep 29, 2008

                  Paddy,
                  I was looking for something for me in google images (Blackall) when I came across that, then someone posted it on Queensland...
                  I bet lots of interesting websites will pop up for the 150th year of Queensland.

                  Message 8 of 14 , Sep 29, 2008
                    Good on them if they do pop up,
                    help a lot of people.

                    Message 9 of 14 , Sep 29, 2008

                      one day.
                      Sent: Tuesday, September 30, 2008 10:34 AM

                      Message 10 of 14 , Sep 30, 2008

                        Thanks Jenelle, that’s very interesting. I will read the history as I don’t know the place at all.

                        Paddy, where in Scotland do your Mackays come from? ……..and the curtains will fade.

                        Joan

                        Message 11 of 14 , Sep 30, 2008
                          Joan
                          Kirtomy married into Armadale.  And went forth & multipliedl
                          More details if you need them
                          Off to read & then to bed.
                          Paddy

                          Message 12 of 14 , Sep 30, 2008
                            Joan, western Queensland...
                            Dinosaur country.

                            Message 13 of 14 , Oct 1, 2008

                              Ah! dinosaur country. I have the children this week and we are off to see the dinosaurs at the museum.

                              Joan

                              Message 14 of 14 , Oct 1, 2008
                                Don't forget to bring them home Joan....
                                Been on a dig once just for the day - in Moab Utah.
                                Sent: Wednesday, October 01, 2008 9:20 PM