2570My first post to the group

  • Peter Murray
    Nov 29, 2013
      Hi Janelle & members,
      I've only recently discovered this group but have been working on this branch of my tree for over 15 years.

      My Great x4 Grandparents were Robert Murray c1782-12 Feb 1862 &
      Catherine McKenzie c1780- 24 Sep 1864. They lived in the parish of Clyne but I'm not sure exactly where to begin with but are recorded in Ardochy from 1815. In 1824, Robert is a servant there. They had 7 children, the 2nd born, a son Alexander 12 Aug 1810 - 4 Sep 1881. He married Ann Munro 29 Jan 1814 - 5 Apr 1887. They had 9 children, again, the 2nd born, a son Robert 16 Nov 1840 - 16 Dec 1928. Alexander, Ann & family lived in Brora as early as 1838.

      At 19, Robert left the Sutherland county for a whole new world down under in Australia. He left Liverpool, England (a different world itself compared to the Highlands) 27 Dec 1859 and arrived in Melbourne as an unassisted immigrant on 1 May 1860. The rest, as they say, is history.

      Peter Murray
      Burwood East, Vic

      Sent from my iPhone
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic